Specs:
    20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
    HDD and RAM for G3 iBook
    Well, it looks like I'll be picking up a G3 iBook (white 2 USB model), and I have a couple of quick questions about the HDD and RAM. Regarding the HDD; does anyone know a good place to get a larger HDD at a good price? I'm only looking for 30 to 60 Gigs, and a 5400rpm unit ill be fine; no 4200 units. When I check my usual computer parts joints like NewEgg and Outpost neither have a good selection of 2.5" drives. Infact NewEgg had none. Ebay seems to have a few at good prices, but I'd prefer a normal online store.

Regarding the RAM, what kind is needed for the old G3 iBooks, and what is the RAM configuration. In otherwords, I know newer iBooks have 128Mb on board, and one expansion slot. Is this the case with the G3s as well? Thanks guys/gals!

-Chris

oh, also, I've found some sites that sell the original (non extream) AirPort cards for okay prices, but I was wondering if any of you iBook pros have any reccomendations on where to pick one up.

NuttyG
    I bought my Airport card from www.memorysolutions.com. Make sure you pay for the 2nd Day shipping though, their ground is FedEx Ground which is glacially slow.

I haven't upped my hard drive yet either, but am looking.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyG
    I bought my Airport card from www.memorysolutions.com. Make sure you pay for the 2nd Day shipping though, their ground is FedEx Ground which is glacially slow.

I haven't upped my hard drive yet either, but am looking.
    Thanks for the input.

-Chris

Mr.Guvernment
    G#'s have 128 non board and a single slot for UPTO 512 mb more - 768 is the max an Ibook G3 can handle i beleive

As for memory or harddrives www.newegg.com / www.directron.com

Newegg usually has some of the best prices online if you are in the US.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Guvernment
    G#'s have 128 non board and a single slot for UPTO 512 mb more - 768 is the max an Ibook G3 can handle i beleive

As for memory or harddrives www.newegg.com / www.directron.com

Newegg usually has some of the best prices online if you are in the US.

Yeah, I love NewEgg and they are usually my first choice when looking for computer hardware, but unfortunatly they don't list any 5200+rpm 2.5 HDD. They are who I'm going to get my RAM from though. I'll have to check out directron.com though, thanks.

-Chris

sworlycat
    Quote Originally Posted by bassplayrr
    Yeah, I love NewEgg and they are usually my first choice when looking for computer hardware, but unfortunatly they don't list any 5200+rpm 2.5 HDD. They are who I'm going to get my RAM from though. I'll have to check out directron.com though, thanks.

-Chris
    don't go into the harddrive tab to search for them. I was doing the same thing and came up with nothing. Instead do a search for notebook hard drive and you will get about 4 pages of stuff.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by sworlycat
    don't go into the harddrive tab to search for them. I was doing the same thing and came up with nothing. Instead do a search for notebook hard drive and you will get about 4 pages of stuff.
    You're the man sworlycat. Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try.

-Chris

Thread Information