New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

RAM Purchases

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hokiethang

Where would be the best place to buy some ram for my Powerbook? I have been wanting to upgrade it to 1GB of ram for a while, and have been looking around at some prices. I figured id ask some of the veterans of where they get their mac upgrades? thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
Emrys

Emrys is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM

I buy my ram from http://memoryx.net. They have great prices, and have a pretty good site for finding what you are looking for. They are also in the process of rolling out a new Mac site, which is cool.

For a comparison of price, I bought 256MB of RAM at Best Buy for the same price as 512MB at MemoryX. Which, of course, I'll be returning when I get my delivery from MemoryX

Just checked out their site, and their new site is up. It's at http://www.welovemacs.com. They sell more than RAM now

Emrys
Community Administrator / Moderator
MAC-FORUMS.COM - The Ultimate Source For Your Mac!
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

I got my 512's at 18004memory.com for a great price.. might want to check them out along with everyone else's recomendations
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlyn
I got my 512's at 18004memory.com for a great price.. might want to check them out along with everyone else's recomendations
I purchase my additional memory from the same place.
QUOTE Thanks
Padawan

Padawan has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod

I bought mine from MacSolutions.com. They had good prices, good service, and a guarantee that their memory had been tested/found compatible with the latest Apple Firmware (which I was concerned about). Overall, I'm very happy with them, and I wouldn't hesitate to from MacSolutions again in the future.

~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.
QUOTE Thanks
oo_mac_oo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padawan
I bought mine from MacSolutions.com. They had good prices, good service, and a guarantee that their memory had been tested/found compatible with the latest Apple Firmware (which I was concerned about). Overall, I'm very happy with them, and I wouldn't hesitate to from MacSolutions again in the future.
anyone here in asia pacific ? WHERE TO BUY KINGSTON DDR SODIMM ???
QUOTE Thanks
brody

speaking of adding RAM...is it hard to install? my powerbook is still in the mail, so i haven't been able to look at one and see how accessible the memory slots are.
QUOTE Thanks
hokiethang

Quote:
Originally Posted by brody
speaking of adding RAM...is it hard to install? my powerbook is still in the mail, so i haven't been able to look at one and see how accessible the memory slots are.
not sure about the new ones, but the old one had two little latches on the keyboard and the ram was right under there, so it was literally less than 2 minutes to install ram, if you had to find a little screwdriver to unlock the keyboard.
QUOTE Thanks
Padawan

Padawan has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod

Quote:
Originally Posted by brody
http://www.info.apple.com/usen/cip/index.html

~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New PowerBooks stacked up against Power Mac G5s | Getting A PowerBook »