New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Why did Apple decide to go completely white?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iDVFH.

i'm probably posting this in the wrong area, but why did Apple choose white as it's main color. (Well it's main color for the consumer desktops and iBook) I mean they did a great job cause they make them beautifully but why didn't they go for like a black with a clear finish..that would look insanee
QUOTE Thanks
fyrman22

fyrman22 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano

Cause white is hot. Clean, Simple, Perfect, Different. I think if it was not white it would be like everything else on the market. Not too interesting if it was black or grey like all the others

QUOTE Thanks
sursuciofla

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrman22
Cause white is hot. Clean, Simple, Perfect, Different. I think if it was not white it would be like everything else on the market. Not too interesting if it was black or grey like all the others
Black polycarbonate casing with the the grey trimming like it has now would be insanely hot :radioacti . Then have that Apple logo beaming off that black. The white drowns it out unless the lights are really low. Man BLACK would be so great. I think giving more options for color rather than making us pay more for it would be very good. Man, got me started. RED,BLUE, have matching keyboard with your color choice, that's definately the dream. Until then I guess I'm stuck withthis boring white.
QUOTE Thanks
iBlinded

Quote:
Originally Posted by sursuciofla
Black polycarbonate casing with the the grey trimming like it has now would be insanely hot :radioacti . Then have that Apple logo beaming off that black. The white drowns it out unless the lights are really low. Man BLACK would be so great. I think giving more options for color rather than making us pay more for it would be very good. Man, got me started. RED,BLUE, have matching keyboard with your color choice, that's definately the dream. Until then I guess I'm stuck withthis boring white.
Im glad its neither black nor any hippie colors! I definitely prefer the white look! It underlines the perfection, yet the simplicity...
QUOTE Thanks
caribiner23

caribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Retina 13" among far too many other Apple products

Simple. Because IBM ThinkPads are black. :-)

Seriously, black would be cool but I really dig the white-- even moreso than the silver of the PowerBook. I never would have bought one of the "Tupperware colors" iBooks of a few years ago-- I just didn't like the way they looked.
QUOTE Thanks
warrenbert

http://www.micro-solution.com/pd/isuit/isuit.html

Too bad a place like cafepress.com doesn't let you send in custom graphics to be placed on covers like these.
QUOTE Thanks
iDVFH.

I'm telling you..they should make a U2 Special Edition iBook (=
QUOTE Thanks
Danster

I think the Powerbook G3's were black wern't they?
QUOTE Thanks
iDVFH.

Yea but a dull black like all the other laptops out there now..the shape as a little odd too..but imagine black with the finish you have on your ibook..that would look nicee..but only in the U2 colors cause it would look weird to have a black case, grey insides, and a white glowing apple on the front
QUOTE Thanks
Mr.Guvernment

i think a nice pearl white or a very very very light greyish white would be nice

black no - boring!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Mr Bobbins

Mr Bobbins has a spectacular aura about

I like the white look but then I still like the look of my old imac 333mhz lime, still looks really cool and I think that their is a lot to be said for giving the costumer a choice of colours and if Apple wont do it then other companies will. Check this out : http://www.colorwarepc.com/
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Before the first PowerBooks in 1991, all laptops were light grey/beige.

The original PowerBook 100-series was charcoal gray.

The ThinkPads were the first jet-black laptops.

PowerBooks were all dark colors until the first Titanium PowerBooks. I think Apple figured, after ten years, everyone was tired of dark colored laptops.

Maybe in 2011 we'll see soemthing different.
QUOTE Thanks
Jordan

The way they have it now is perfect for me.
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

i like the titanium powerbooks. but i like my ibook white better

QUOTE Thanks
maverick2k

Only one feeling defines why white is the best. Go to the University library, dock your white ibook along with all other black machines and all heads turn around towards you. I have actually experienced it and it felt nice. That's why apple is different.

Black is a industrial colour. White signifies art, peace, harmony .......

Why do people buy Ferrari's and like em red........
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« HDD and RAM for G3 iBook | Brightness »