New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Two Finger Scrolling with an iBook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Forzamilan

Someone has found a hack to activate two-finger scrolling on supported pre-2005 PowerBooks and iBooks (i.e. those with a "W-Enhanced" trackpad, including most AlBooks and recent iBooks) on OS X 10.3

It's in this web site:
http://www-users.kawo2.rwth-aachen.de/~razzfazz/

And it works!!!, I'm using it right now in my "iBook early 2004"!!
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

How do you know which iBook it'll work with?
QUOTE Thanks
Forzamilan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameis
How do you know which iBook it'll work with?
Use the little script http://www-users.kawo2.rwth-aachen.d...ed.command.zip , Just unpack and double-click in Finder.
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

i will have to try this later

QUOTE Thanks
iDVFH.

Although it is rather desireable I will never download anything onto my computer that someone had to hack to get it..
QUOTE Thanks
xthisisRomancex

this works very well. for one , of course, you can scroll and for the second thing if you accidentaly have 2 fingers on the trackpad the pointed does go psycho on you
ill give it an A+
QUOTE Thanks
fyrman22

fyrman22 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano

Guess my iBook is too old i have a G4 1Ghz but when I try to load it says it's not compatible with my i Book. Oh well I still have Sidetrack which I still think works great

QUOTE Thanks
iBlinded

Think i'll wait 'till the proper installation is released...

take no chances with my beloved :flower:
QUOTE Thanks
firsteggprez

firsteggprez is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac 24" 3 GHz 3 gigs of ram & 2004 PowerBook

the point of it is that they wont upgrade your older machine.... they want u to buy the new stufff... i just installed it and it worck great!!!

-Chapman Film School: Class of 2012-
QUOTE Thanks
serrot

hmm, i dl'ed and installed it, rebooted....... i cant quite get it to work.

it'll work randomly when i'm really trying, but i cant really control it when it randomly works.

when i place two fingers on the touchpad and move them up/down or side-to-side or circular, the cursor moves, it doesnt scroll.

any help?

--caro
QUOTE Thanks
thedon

worked fine for me, but if u don't put ure fingers down at the exact same time on firefox it starts jumping pages. also when i did the permanent install the circular didn't work, but i didn't care much for it anyways
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrman22
Guess my iBook is too old i have a G4 1Ghz but when I try to load it says it's not compatible with my i Book. Oh well I still have Sidetrack which I still think works great
It will work on yours, but because you have sidetrack installed, it reports back that it won't.

You need to deinstall sidetrack completely using the sidetrack's deinstall tool and then try it again...

It'll work.
QUOTE Thanks
oldnews

oldnews is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.0ghz, Ibook G4 1.33ghz, Powerbook Lombard 333mhz

Works great on my Ibook.
QUOTE Thanks
jklfafa

jklfafa is on a distinguished road

how do i uninstall this, is it safe
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

To de-install it just replace the modified AppleADBMouse.kext file with the original file.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Serious problems with sleep mode. | PC User - Getting a PowerBook 12" »