New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Air - Need advice, what to add to my MBA ... a 24" ACD or buy new iMac?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

entatlrg

entatlrg is on a distinguished road

I have the MacBook Air 1.8 / 128 SSD and now have the 24" ACD monitor it's a nice set up, but I can't help but think of another possible option that I may like more ...

I'm considering returning the ACD and exchanging it for the 24" iMac and I'd use the iMac along with my MBA.

I like typing on my MBA and using the trackpad, being able to move it around the office, house or desk in a second and not being tethered to the monitor is nice, I know its only two plugs but ...

Having an iMac to use along with the MBA has many benefits, the obvious is it's a separate computer, lol, ... but you can leave the MBA on it's own at all times, use them together, lots of extra storage space, also to run windows on via boot camp on the iMac etc ....

It's about $900 more, for many many more benefits. I love the 24" ACD monitor but can't help thinking of the added benefits of the iMac for not a whole lot more money mine be worth it and sort of complete my system, best of both worlds...

What would you do?
QUOTE Thanks
B&O

B&O has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.

I think that you should go for the iMac. If you had a MBP I wouldn't bother but as the MBA has such limited storage and power. If you have the cash do it.

MacBook Pro 2.66Ghz i7. Mac Mini 2.26Ghz C2D
iPhone 3G 16GB iPad 3G 64GB
Check out my flickr
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« internal hard drive problem | can new macbook handle photoshop/flash etc? »