New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

DSL package help!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iRock

iRock will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone

I was just surfing the net thinking,...... when will dsl ever be available to me and then I saw a post by someone about Direcnet..... I dont think Its available in my country.

But!... I did a google and found this site:

http://www.euroskynet.com/english/in...000001&zanpid=

I was wondering could someone advise me on it? and if it is good what would be the best package? as I am on the net almost every hour on the weekend when I am home from college.

Heavy downloads etc and Also will this work with my new iBook??//

Thanks alot

:mac:
QUOTE Thanks
ryanmt

ryanmt is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Apple iMAC Core Duo (20"/1gb/250/SD/BT/AP)

it says on the website that they do not support MAC! Sorry! What country are you in?
QUOTE Thanks
iRock

iRock will become famous soon enough

Crap... I didnt see that.

Im in Ireland

What do you think is my best option?? DSL is not in my area and wont be for a while!

Im going insane!

Help!
QUOTE Thanks
xthisisRomancex

.... how would they know if you were running a mac. i mean. i have really searched alot into this becasue thhe city i live in is coverd in hotspots but yea.
QUOTE Thanks
iDVFH.

It may not be the fact of thed connection that isn't compatible with Mac it's the email program they use. Verizon Online DSL here in New York City says it's not compatible with MAC but thats because they use MSN Premium as email..but if your using it for only a connection then it works..
QUOTE Thanks
ryanyogan

I think it was me that recomended satelitte, the modem they use right now is a usb modem.... It has to have a software interface on the computer to connect, and I forgot it is only for the PC right now, bummer. Our dish network guy told us they are going into the internet in a month or so and it will have a real router and connect via ethernet, making it a real DHCP client just as DSL is. Again I don't know if dish network is in your country either though. I guess you could just move? lol
QUOTE Thanks
xthisisRomancex

DISH NETWORK .. did you happen to find out the pricing for the new internet service. i think direct TV is rather expensive. DV'SIBOOK thanks for calryfing that up for me
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Battery Life Question | Screen Scratches »