New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

iBook spacebar unresponsive

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sebeck

I have a 12" 1.2 that I bought in December and the spacebar is so annoying. Whenever i'm typing i have to exaggerate the use of the spacebar in order to make it work. It seems very unresponsive. It didn't do it while i typed this thread but thats probably because i'm concentrating on using it instead of just freely typing away. Is anyone elses spacebar like this?
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

mine does that sometimes. i don't really have to pound on it, but i do have to make a concentrated effort to make it work.

QUOTE Thanks
tariq

send it in for repairs. i had similar problems with my F11, F12 and Eject buttons on my PowerBook and they either re-seated or replaced the keyboard.
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

Do you mean, for example, you type the word "Apple" and nothing happens, then the computer waits like 4 seconds and types the word "Apple". On my iBook, it is sometimes slow responding to my key strokes, but no space bar issues that I have noticed.
QUOTE Thanks
tariq

I think they were referring to mechanical issues rather than a non-responsive system.

ie. they would want to type "The Cat and the Fox", but with their bad spacebar it'd come out like "TheCat andthe Fox" if they typed fast and did not make a conscious effort to press the spacebar hard enough.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Have you tried making sure no crumbs are under the keys?

I'd release the keyboard (Twist the screw next to the Num. key and pull down the 2 latches next to the F12 and esc keys) and try carefully blowing any dust or dirt out...
QUOTE Thanks
iRock

iRock will become famous soon enough

My iBook has been doing htis straight out of the box...I only got it yesterday.

Frommy experiencewith PC's,as far as I can see....I think its just the way it is.

Its not totally unresponsive... only sometimes.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Third speaker in 12"/ 15" PB... where? | the delete key button »