New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Using powerbook hard drive caddy for a macbook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ddddddddunit

ddddddddunit is on a distinguished road

Hi, I'm very new to this forum, and I hope I'm able to get some help regarding my macbook.

So I have a core duo macbook and I had to send in my hard drive to get replaced and so I no longer have my hard drive caddy. Now, I have an old powebook g4 at home that is pretty much dead. I'm wondering, would it be possible to take out the hard drive caddy of the powerbook and use it in the macbook? By caddy I mean the casing that surrounds the internal hard drive so you can install it and take it out of the machine. It would save me some money and time if I could do that. But if not, where is there a relatively cheap place to buy one? I've tried countless stores with little luck.

Thanks a lot!
QUOTE Thanks
ADKhikerVW

ADKhikerVW is a jewel in the roughADKhikerVW is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4

No. PowerBooks use IDE and MacBooks use SATA. Completely different interfaces which are not compatible.

If you mean just the part that holds the hard drive in place, no, they aren't the same.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« macbook hard drive upgrade | girlfreind threw water at me while holding macbook »