Specs:
    My setup: 17in SD iMac G5, 1GB RAM & 12in iBook, 1.5GB RAM (Both computers standard config.)
    Question What is the difference between 64MB VRAM and 128MB VRAM?
    This is my first post here! But I am not new to macs. The first computer my dad bought was a mac and I have been using them ever since. :cool:

As the title says i was just wondering what the benefit would be of the 128MB over the 64MB?

Thanks for the help

I am fortunate enough that my grandparents and parents are going to get me laptop for graduation, so that is why I am asking this question.

Specs:
    14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
    VRAM is video memory, and the machine with the greater VRAM will generally offer improved video performance for video-intensive tasks. However, for everyday use, you likely won't notice a huge difference between the two. For comparison, my iBook only has 32 MB of VRAM, and the Beige G3 I'm posting this from has 6 MB.
    ~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.

mitchryan
    When Tiger comes out, you *should* notice a difference between 64 and 128 with its new fancy pants graphics.

Specs:
    Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    VRAM is important for games and graphically intensive apps (such as Apple Motion). For normal use you might notice a difference when using features such as exposť but apart from that I don't think you could tell.

Thread Information