Adobe CS3 uninstall
    About a year ago I tried to download CS3 design premium, but didn't feel like trying to find a code to get it to work so deleted the file. I never officially uninstalled it, because I thought I could just drop it in the trash like other files on a Mac.

I now (legally) have the design premium and when I try to install it, it won't install and I'm prompted with an error message saying I need to uninstall CS3 already on my computer. However, when I try to officially uninstall (Applications/Utilities/Adobe Uninstall), I'm prompted with the error message that it can't be uninstalled because I don't have the original file.

Is there a way to uninstall and remove all the files without reformating my computer?

Redlands, CA
    Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD
    Open up spotlight and do a search for Adobe CS3 files.

You might be able to use AppZapper to remove them, but I'm not to sure.

Tampa, Fl
    MacBook Pro 17" 10.4.8, G4 "Graphite" 10.4.8
    There is a program called Adobe Clean Sweep I believe. Try googling it or searching Adobe's website. It removes all the files Adobe installs. Just make sure you don't have any extras you want to keep (photoshop brushes or after effects effects) in the same folders (back them up first) because it will remove everything.

Kent, UK
    2013 MacBook Air i5 13" / 2014 MacBook Air i5 11" / iMac C2D 2.16 GHz 20" / iMac G5 1.6 GHz 17"
    You may be lucky and still have the uninstaller on your system - here's a quote from the readme file:-

IMPORTANT: Mac OS has new uninstall functionality. DO NOT drag applications to the trash to uninstall them. To safely uninstall on Mac OS X, double-click the product installer in Applications\Utilities\Adobe Installers. Authenticate as an administrator, then select Remove Components and follow the on-screen instructions.

It may not work of course as you've taken out a lot of stuff manually but maybe worth a shot.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
    Warning - this user has only a little knowledge

Thread Information