New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Anyone receive a 12" powerbook yet?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jbsengineer

I just sold my current 12" powerbook online at ebay today. I got it new last week so I got what i paid... (almost)

So i ordered a new 12" model with a superdrive(had the combo before). The estimated SHIP is on or before tuesday.

Anyone receive a 12" new model yet? Dead pixels?

Plus how are apple's estimated ship times?? I usually pick up in the apple store.

Josh
QUOTE Thanks
Phiber

Hah, I was wondering if you were kicking yourself. You've not had much luck with your laptop purchasing, have you?
QUOTE Thanks
jbsengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiber
Hah, I was wondering if you were kicking yourself. You've not had much luck with your laptop purchasing, have you?
haha... i was wondering if anyone would catch that i've gone through 3 laptops in the past 2 weeks.

no i really haven't. I'm crossing my fingers the one i ordered yesterday does not arrive with dead pixels... pppppp please
QUOTE Thanks
meltbanana314

I've had mine for a few minutes. I love it. :mac:

No dead pixels.
QUOTE Thanks
jbsengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltbanana314
I've had mine for a few minutes. I love it. :mac:

No dead pixels.
how long did it you to get it? well for apple to actually ship it?

Josh

p.s. i'm anxious
QUOTE Thanks
meltbanana314

I picked mine up at the Apple store, actually. I called an hour before I got there and they said they had plenty in stock.
QUOTE Thanks
Xarthan

Xarthan is on a distinguished road

do you guys run final cut pro on it? is it a bit too small to work with on a 12 inch screen?
QUOTE Thanks
johnnyluu

johnnyluu will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G5 2ghz Dual Processor, 12" Scrolling TrackPad Powerbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarthan
do you guys run final cut pro on it? is it a bit too small to work with on a 12 inch screen?
I use final cut pro on my G5 and I'll be getting my 12" powerbook delivered in a week or two. The way I see it working on a 12" screen isn't the issue; I would say do the specs meet the intensity of video editing you intend to do?

I say, "Unless it causes death, it's not a problem!".
http://johnny.persistentperil.net
QUOTE Thanks
jbsengineer

wahoo. my new pb was supposed to go out "on or before the 8th" it shipped today from shanghi... WAHOO!!
QUOTE Thanks
Jason

I played with the new PowerBooks today at the Apple store, pretty sweet! I think I'm going to go with the 12" with SuperDrive
QUOTE Thanks
jbsengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
I played with the new PowerBooks today at the Apple store, pretty sweet! I think I'm going to go with the 12" with SuperDrive
it's a beatiful machine i'll tell you. if you get the Tucano case like i have. It's just SOO freaking portable. tonight i visited some friends about an hour away. put my powerbook in the tucano sleeve. and put the tiny power supply in my pocket. they thought i was carrying a book in to the house. it was great. (everyone had the googly eyes when i showed then expose with 15 windows open...eeehhhh ahhhhhhh)
QUOTE Thanks
Xarthan

Xarthan is on a distinguished road

expose rocks!
QUOTE Thanks
pkny

pkny is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: stock 17" 2.8ghz unibody mbp.

i orderd my 12" superdrive pbook on sunday night.. its on its way - i should get probably later this week or early next week... being shipped from suzhou - somewhere in china??

anywho, it's my first mac : )
QUOTE Thanks
code777

hmmm, went to the apple store in my area and they have NO powerbooks in stock. i don't get it! are they selling this fast? The only one they have is ONE 15" model with combo drive.

plenty of iBooks but no powerbooks or mac minis...
QUOTE Thanks
myjay610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarthan
I use Final Cut on my 12" for a lot of editing things and it gets the job done fine -- when I need somre more space I just split screen it. My 12" has enough juice to get er done.

John
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« slot drive problem?? | new 12" vs iBook? »