Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jbsengineer
    Anyone receive a 12" powerbook yet?
    I just sold my current 12" powerbook online at ebay today. I got it new last week so I got what i paid... (almost)

So i ordered a new 12" model with a superdrive(had the combo before). The estimated SHIP is on or before tuesday.

Anyone receive a 12" new model yet? Dead pixels?

Plus how are apple's estimated ship times?? I usually pick up in the apple store.

Josh

Phiber
    Hah, I was wondering if you were kicking yourself. You've not had much luck with your laptop purchasing, have you?

jbsengineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phiber
    Hah, I was wondering if you were kicking yourself. You've not had much luck with your laptop purchasing, have you?
    haha... i was wondering if anyone would catch that i've gone through 3 laptops in the past 2 weeks.

no i really haven't. I'm crossing my fingers the one i ordered yesterday does not arrive with dead pixels... pppppp please

meltbanana314
    I've had mine for a few minutes. I love it. :mac:

No dead pixels.

jbsengineer
    Quote Originally Posted by meltbanana314
    I've had mine for a few minutes. I love it. :mac:

No dead pixels.
    how long did it you to get it? well for apple to actually ship it?

Josh

p.s. i'm anxious

meltbanana314
    I picked mine up at the Apple store, actually. I called an hour before I got there and they said they had plenty in stock.

do you guys run final cut pro on it? is it a bit too small to work with on a 12 inch screen?

Specs:
    G5 2ghz Dual Processor, 12" Scrolling TrackPad Powerbook
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarthan
    do you guys run final cut pro on it? is it a bit too small to work with on a 12 inch screen?
    I use final cut pro on my G5 and I'll be getting my 12" powerbook delivered in a week or two. The way I see it working on a 12" screen isn't the issue; I would say do the specs meet the intensity of video editing you intend to do?
    I say, "Unless it causes death, it's not a problem!".
    http://johnny.persistentperil.net

jbsengineer
    wahoo. my new pb was supposed to go out "on or before the 8th" it shipped today from shanghi... WAHOO!!

Jason
    I played with the new PowerBooks today at the Apple store, pretty sweet! I think I'm going to go with the 12" with SuperDrive

jbsengineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason
    I played with the new PowerBooks today at the Apple store, pretty sweet! I think I'm going to go with the 12" with SuperDrive
    it's a beatiful machine i'll tell you. if you get the Tucano case like i have. It's just SOO freaking portable. tonight i visited some friends about an hour away. put my powerbook in the tucano sleeve. and put the tiny power supply in my pocket. they thought i was carrying a book in to the house. it was great. (everyone had the googly eyes when i showed then expose with 15 windows open...eeehhhh ahhhhhhh)

expose rocks!

Specs:
    stock 17" 2.8ghz unibody mbp.
    i orderd my 12" superdrive pbook on sunday night.. its on its way - i should get probably later this week or early next week... being shipped from suzhou - somewhere in china??

anywho, it's my first mac : )

code777
    hmmm, went to the apple store in my area and they have NO powerbooks in stock. i don't get it! are they selling this fast? The only one they have is ONE 15" model with combo drive.

plenty of iBooks but no powerbooks or mac minis...

myjay610
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarthan
    I use Final Cut on my 12" for a lot of editing things and it gets the job done fine -- when I need somre more space I just split screen it. My 12" has enough juice to get er done.

John

Thread Information