Help with my iBook
    Hey guys, i have a question about a mac i recently purchased at a store, Its not a new mac its an old iBook and i beleive its a G4, Im having a problem trying to make it startup. When it first starts up it comes to a screen with alittle folder of the mac logo and then it flashes to a ? mark, i found out it may be the system folder not working......Soooo i made some OSX 10.3 Disks and tried to install a new OS but that doesnt work. It then switches from the ? mark screen to the apple logo then starts to load the Cd but after about a minute it comes up with a sign that looks like it cannot be proccesed. I dont know what to do, i tried alot of commands but i keep getting stuck at one of those screens.

If anyone can help me i would really appreciate it.
    Picture Links are on the bottom

EMAIL ME IF YOU WOULD LIKE AT: Dust73187@aol.com

OK NOW IN THESE FIRST 2 PICTURES IS THE FLASHING FOLDER THAT KEEPS APPEARING BEFORE I TRY TO REINSTAL THE OS SYSTEM.

IN THIS NEXT PICTURE IS WHAT HAPPENDS AFTER I TRY TO INSTALL THE NEW OS SYSTEM (i tried many different cds so i know its the computer not the disks)

IM NOT SURE WHAT ELSE TO DO AND I REALLY DONT WANT TO HAVE TO GO TO THE APPLE STORE IF ITS SOMETHING EASY TO FIX.

Specs:
    Black Macbook 2.0 Core 2 duo, Alienware 7700 3.2ghz, Iphone,Imac g5,Powebook 15" 1.5ghz
    your hd is probably broken try switching it out with a new one.

Hey.

You sure you put in the MAC OSX for PowerPC.
    I do believe the MAC OSX for Intel Processor is different, or am I wrong?

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    To the OP:

First you're going to need the correct installation disk for the iBook G4 or a generic install disk set purchased from Apple. You can't just pop in any Panther disk and expect it to work.

Second, I agree with the reply that suggested the hard drive may be defective. It looks like you're going to need a new hard drive in addition to a set of Panther disks.

Regards.

Thread Information