New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Customizing a PB

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

oldschool8604

Hey, I have a g4 powerbook 15" aluminum...
i was wondering what kinda things you can do to customize it...
like the exterior...the around the keyboard...and such
QUOTE Thanks
meltbanana314

You can do anything. The only limit is your imagination and the amount of Dremel cutting tools you have in your garage.
QUOTE Thanks
titan0111

it seems a little expensive but check this site out...

http://www.colorwarepc.com

They will color your PB or iBook for you.
QUOTE Thanks
oldschool8604

hahah good call, tahts awesome
what about adding fans and neons? ne thing to that effect???
QUOTE Thanks
RC23

yikes, that sounds like you want a PC...

macs are made like bentleys.. imagine seeing a bentley with some neon lights?

would be a laugh..

actually i can see some blue leds somewhere.. maybe in the fan spot?

i dunno
google it.
QUOTE Thanks
titan0111

After you are done with your pb mod, post up the pics...
QUOTE Thanks
oldschool8604

haha, thats so true RC...
i just get really bored sometimes...and i wanna do something...and my friend got a pc with blue lights and stuff on it...so im, hey i wonder what i could do with my pb...
but yea, i'll see
and dont worry, it wont be tacky!

sure, itll be awhile before i get some pics up, but i'll post up whatever i do!
QUOTE Thanks
Phiber

Hah, I am so getting my PB painted white.
QUOTE Thanks
titan0111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiber
Hah, I am so getting my PB painted white.
You should paint it carbon fiber color...or black...

that's what new PB G5's color will be...
QUOTE Thanks
chronogoof89

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan0111
You should paint it carbon fiber color...or black...

that's what new PB G5's color will be...
They will be carbon fiber. I highly doubt you know what you are talking about considering you said "carbon fiber color". Having been active in both the high-performance automobile community and having been a bicycle racer for a few years I can safely tell you, there is no "carbon fiber color". If there is, its dark grey to black. I think you are thinking of the carbon fiber weave, the kind you see on the hoods of some cars? You don't paint that on. Secondly, if you are saying the new PB will be made of that type of carbon fiber weave I'll be very disappointed. You'd be surprised how FRAGILE that is. When people want to build something out of strong carbon fiber they use a different kind of weave, which you probably haven't seen because its usually covered by the "checkerboard" type of CF.

All of that said, I think you are talking out of your *** about the G5 and i hate that.
QUOTE Thanks
jbsengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronogoof89
They will be carbon fiber. I highly doubt you know what you are talking about considering you said "carbon fiber color". Having been active in both the high-performance automobile community and having been a bicycle racer for a few years I can safely tell you, there is no "carbon fiber color". If there is, its dark grey to black. I think you are thinking of the carbon fiber weave, the kind you see on the hoods of some cars? You don't paint that on. Secondly, if you are saying the new PB will be made of that type of carbon fiber weave I'll be very disappointed. You'd be surprised how FRAGILE that is. When people want to build something out of strong carbon fiber they use a different kind of weave, which you probably haven't seen because its usually covered by the "checkerboard" type of CF.

All of that said, I think you are talking out of your *** about the G5 and i hate that.
i understand carbon fiber. and i understand what he was trying to say....
QUOTE Thanks
Meyvn

Meyvn will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronogoof89

...dude. calm down. The guy wasn't doing anything but talking about a rumor he heard. You can't jump all over someone because they don't work in the automotive paint industry, or would like to believe rumors they hear about the PBs.

'cause when it rains, you know it pours.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Trouble connecting to the internet via cable modem... | Firewire Problem »