New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Few possibly minor issue with my Unibody Macbook pro

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

madshadow

madshadow is on a distinguished road

Ok, so for Christmas, I got the unibody macbook pro. And I have two issues that may be minor, but may also be something more. Firstly, I notice that there is this weird noise coming from the top right corner *near the power cord area*. I assumed this was the fan, but i didn't notice it when I first began using it, and it was only a recent thing that I noticed. The one thing that makes me believe that it isn't the fan, today my room was really cold, and my macbook was freezing to the touch. Yet once I took it off sleep mode, I heard the noise again. It seems weird for the fan to be on when it doesn't need to cool down.

Ok, the other issue is definitely more of an annoyance, but I couldn't find much on it. The new trackpad seems to be sinking. It is no longer flush to the rest of the surface. This is mostly on the bottom of the trackpad. Is this a common issue?
QUOTE Thanks
cm105bpp

cm105bpp is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz MacBook Pro 2GB ram; Windows XP on VMware 2.0

I've read that the new Aluminum MacBooks uses the whole touchpad as the click button. Since the new MacBook Pro's have also been changed (like having the same chicklet keys as the MacBook), does your touchpad double as the click button also. If it does, and it's sunk, some mounting hardware for the touchpad may be loose or damaged. This may be something to look into seeing that you may also have a loose fan that is creating the noise.

BTW. Laptop fans always run at a low speed to prevent heat build-up, and then speed up if the temperature rises because you are playing intensive games or you're writing a DVD.
QUOTE Thanks
madshadow

Yeah, the whole trackpad works as the click button. It's a very subtle difference, but it definitely sunk a bit.

And as far as the fan, would it be making an audible noise even on the low speed?
QUOTE Thanks
brian0

brian0 is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshadow View Post
Yeah, the whole trackpad works as the click button. It's a very subtle difference, but it definitely sunk a bit.

And as far as the fan, would it be making an audible noise even on the low speed?
i can't hear my fan at all on low speed.
QUOTE Thanks
madshadow

Hm, I wonder if this is something that needs to be seen by apple.
QUOTE Thanks
EvoRoadster

EvoRoadster is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 3.7 GHz Mac Pro, 30" HD cinema display, 12 GB 1867 MHz DDR3 RAM

Why worry about it. Bring it into a Mac store and have them look at it. It will put your mind to rest.
QUOTE Thanks
madshadow

Yeah, I might as well. My only fear is that I will get there, and the fan will just conveniently stop making noises. haha.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Power Adapter Operation - cut & swap the plug | Weird problem »