New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Questions questions!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Sara!

Sara! is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: The new Macbook, 13", 2.4Ghz, 250GB, 2GB RAM

Hellooo everyone! I have some many questions on various things!

I bought my Macbook, not too long ago, just before New Year's and I bought the 2.0GHZ one.

Now I am thinking that I actually need the 2.4GHZ Macbook, just because of space. I am so paranoid that it will run out after storing pictures.

I was meant to get a laptop just for a travel in between thing between home and uni
But now I feel quite attached to my Macbook and would like it to be something more than just a travel inbetween thingy. But the Apple guy told me that the 2.0GHZ will work faster if I had an external drive attached to it (but I don't want to keep attaching USBs all the time!).

Does anyone know if apple allow exchanges (+ whatever extra I have to pay?).

2. Is it worth changing it to the faster Macbook?

Also, I am in the dark now and I realised that the illuminating keyboard would have probably helped grrr! I can type in the dark but...hehe.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Apple doesn't take trade ins. However, you can always sell your 2.0 GHz MacBook and buy the more expensive 2.4 GHz model.

If you're worried about running out of hard drive space, upgrade your hard drive to a larger faster model. You might also want to upgrade the memory to 4 Gb while you're at it.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
JGruber

JGruber has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD

*edit* Beat by chscag once again!

I don't think Apple will do an exchange on your MacBook. Your best bet is to try and sell it, and then purchase the one you want :-)

You can get more storage by simply upgrading the Harddrive. I have done this on my MacBook Pro, went from 100GB to 500GB!

Having an illuminating keyboard is very nice, but if you have done without before, you can do it again :-) It's just a nice feature to have.

However you need to be comfortable with taking apart your Macbook!

It's also not a bad idea to have an external harddrive to store your Photo's on. I personally use a 1TB MyBook for storing my Pictures, and I have used only about 60GB in photos. Close to 25k pictures.

BTW... Welcome to the wonderful world of Mac's!
QUOTE Thanks
Sara!

thanks for the replies everyone!

JGruber, this is my first laptop so really, it means alot to me HAHA.
Apparently, I can't upgrade the space? I'm such with 180GB space but I can update the harddrive.

Just gave Apple UK a call and they said that they are able to do exchanges within 28 days

So I may just change my mind...
QUOTE Thanks
JGruber

Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD

Well if they do an exchange, I would jump all over that!
QUOTE Thanks
G3XOI

G3XOI is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2.0Ghz, 160GB, 4GB RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara! View Post
thanks for the replies everyone!

JGruber, this is my first laptop so really, it means alot to me HAHA.
Apparently, I can't upgrade the space? I'm such with 180GB space but I can update the harddrive.

Just gave Apple UK a call and they said that they are able to do exchanges within 28 days

So I may just change my mind...
Of course you can upgrade the space! I would do that instead of forking out more for the 2.4Ghz.
QUOTE Thanks
Sara!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3XOI View Post
Of course you can upgrade the space! I would do that instead of forking out more for the 2.4Ghz.
They told me I couldn't and it was just RAM that I could upgrade. So I'm stuck with 160GB or if I get the other one, 250GB :/
QUOTE Thanks
JGruber

Yes you can... they don't want you to do it yourself, they want you to pay them a crazy amount of money to do it for you.
QUOTE Thanks
Sara!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGruber View Post
Yes you can... they don't want you to do it yourself, they want you to pay them a crazy amount of money to do it for you.
hahaha!

hmmm, i shall give them another call tomorrow and interrogate them!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook Wheel (New Laptop) | Powerbook G4 10.4.11/drive error question. »