New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - 15" or 17" MBP

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macwannabe

macwannabe is a jewel in the roughmacwannabe is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*

i am confused now which to get i will be buying my first mac in about a month to month in a half and i was going to get the MBP 2.8ghz 4gb RAM 320HDD 7200 rpm

now they have the 17" 2.66ghz with this battery life upgrade and 1000 charges.. and a lil bit better resolution.

my issue is that the 15" as i have it configured, will cost more than the estimated price of the 17"

just asking your opinions. also i am doing graphic design..

Click the logo to check out my site...

"learn the basics, learn the rules, and then learn how to break them creatively.." - Phototini
QUOTE Thanks
Logan

Logan is on a distinguished road

I have a feeling the new 17" MBP will open up a whole new can o' worms. I'd bet my pants that there will be bugs and issues just like the current MB/MBP 13/15 that just went unibody in october.

Everyone wanted their darn matte display, and they got it. The battery sounds good as far as performance time-wise (8hrs and 7hrs for different GPU's) but non removable still troubles some consumers, Aluminum = about time. This is of course the biggest/best upgrade to the 17-incher. Also it now fits along well with the rest of the ENTIRE Mac line.

Now, what were the specs of both machines, along with prices? Personnally I'd do the 15" MBP due to a few problems known already and solutions for them. Actually, Apple is apparently listening too, they have tightened the screen on newer ones for example.
QUOTE Thanks
macwannabe

Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*

well the specs and prices... with educational discount

15" MBP 2.8ghz 4gb RAM 320HDD 7200rpm $2,941

17" MBP 2.93ghz 4gb Ram 320HDD 7200rpm and anti-glare $3,286

both with remote, mobile me, and apple care

also about the problems i think they have listened to consumers and fixed a
few lil things going on with the new line up. no ipod has ever had a removable battery and they are still doing well.. i have a 1gen nano still doing its thing it has a few cracks in it but it plays like a champ.

"learn the basics, learn the rules, and then learn how to break them creatively.." - Phototini
QUOTE Thanks
Logan

Logan is on a distinguished road

Ok three reasons the 17" MBP costs more:

$50 - Matte screen option
$?? - 0.13 faster CPU (marginal, if any difference)
$?? - 17" screen. Obviously a bigger laptop is more expensive..

Your asking about which to buy, and either of them will be extremely good machines. However, you would benefit from the 17" by the screen and battery. Thats all its got on the 15". Is the $345 difference worth it?

What will you use this puppy for? College?
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

If you plan on being mobile a lot the 15 will be a pound lighter and less cumbersome.
QUOTE Thanks
macwannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
What will you use this puppy for? College?

i use it for graphic design in school and i am planning on starting my own business so i need something i can show clients their products. i currently make business cards, fliers, and such...

QUOTE Thanks
rehanfarrukh

rehanfarrukh is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 24", 3.06 GHz / Late 2008 MBP 17" 2.6GHz high res. anti-glare, 4GB RAM

I bought a new MBP 17" antiglare display late 2008 in December, and now returning it back and will be getting a newest model, 17" MBP 2.9ghz, 4gb ram (for now), 256SSD, antiglare.

If there is any issues, obviously Apple will be getting it back until I get 100% satisfaction.
QUOTE Thanks
macwannabe

there is no option for 2GB of RAM only 4GB or 8GB

also you know that is all around 4k just to let you know.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Dinged the top of my Aluminum Macbook | I'm having a weird HDD error with MBP... »