Is anyone going to upgrade to a new pb?
    i have the 2nd most recent 12" pb, with 1.33ghz g4. I was anxiously awaiting the new pbs hoping that they would be significantly better... i knew there woudnt be a g5, but atleast a little bit faster g4. im disapointed., well i guess not since now im content with my older pb. for a processor increase of only ~170 mhz, a 8 instead of 4x superdrive, and that motion thing make it not worth it to me. Atleast they lowered the price so more people can afford it.

is there anyone who is actually going to upgrade to this one? Im just guna wait however long until the g5 comes out

Los Angeles, California
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    I will be upgrading since I have a 500Mhz Ti PowerBook. I am just not sure when I will upgrade.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
    Quote Originally Posted by menace3054
    is there anyone who is actually going to upgrade to this one? Im just guna wait however long until the g5 comes out
    You'd ahve to be out of your mind or rich as heck to upgrade to this one just from the last one, but if this upgrade is coming out now, you KNOW the G5 isn't even close to out yet. I'd say at least a year until the new G5s since they've just come out with these upgrades. All I can say about this upgrade is, sucks for the people who got PBs for Christmas.
    'cause when it rains, you know it pours.

Arlington Heights, IL USA
    17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
    I bought a new 15" G4 1.5GHz PowerBook in November and am completely happy with it, before, during and after this update.

If I didn't buy a PowerBook in November, that I needed for work, then 1) I wouldn't have been able to get half of my work done since spend alot of time travelling and 2) I would have bought a PC laptop that could handle the tasks I need(ed), now that wouldn't be too good now would it.

When dealing with computers, if you want the latest and greatest for longer than 6 months then, I'm sorry to tell you, it won't happen.

Just my 2 cents.
    Looking for a PowerMac G4 for $500 or less USD.

oh i totally agree with you, i just dont know why the would waste their time on an upgrade like this.. it was such a long period of time between this and the last upgrade that you would have thought something big was comming. I am totally happy with my pb and will be until the g5 comes out.

Thread Information