New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Is anyone going to upgrade to a new pb?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

menace3054

i have the 2nd most recent 12" pb, with 1.33ghz g4. I was anxiously awaiting the new pbs hoping that they would be significantly better... i knew there woudnt be a g5, but atleast a little bit faster g4. im disapointed., well i guess not since now im content with my older pb. for a processor increase of only ~170 mhz, a 8 instead of 4x superdrive, and that motion thing make it not worth it to me. Atleast they lowered the price so more people can afford it.

is there anyone who is actually going to upgrade to this one? Im just guna wait however long until the g5 comes out
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

I will be upgrading since I have a 500Mhz Ti PowerBook. I am just not sure when I will upgrade.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
Meyvn

Meyvn will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by menace3054
is there anyone who is actually going to upgrade to this one? Im just guna wait however long until the g5 comes out
You'd ahve to be out of your mind or rich as heck to upgrade to this one just from the last one, but if this upgrade is coming out now, you KNOW the G5 isn't even close to out yet. I'd say at least a year until the new G5s since they've just come out with these upgrades. All I can say about this upgrade is, sucks for the people who got PBs for Christmas.

'cause when it rains, you know it pours.
QUOTE Thanks
rberry88

rberry88 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook

I bought a new 15" G4 1.5GHz PowerBook in November and am completely happy with it, before, during and after this update.

If I didn't buy a PowerBook in November, that I needed for work, then 1) I wouldn't have been able to get half of my work done since spend alot of time travelling and 2) I would have bought a PC laptop that could handle the tasks I need(ed), now that wouldn't be too good now would it.

When dealing with computers, if you want the latest and greatest for longer than 6 months then, I'm sorry to tell you, it won't happen.

Just my 2 cents.

Looking for a PowerMac G4 for $500 or less USD.
QUOTE Thanks
menace3054

oh i totally agree with you, i just dont know why the would waste their time on an upgrade like this.. it was such a long period of time between this and the last upgrade that you would have thought something big was comming. I am totally happy with my pb and will be until the g5 comes out.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Wich superdrive should I buy? | Since the new PB is out, can you find the last model anywhere new but cheap? »