02-01-2005, 04:13 PM #1menace3054GuestIs anyone going to upgrade to a new pb?
i have the 2nd most recent 12" pb, with 1.33ghz g4. I was anxiously awaiting the new pbs hoping that they would be significantly better... i knew there woudnt be a g5, but atleast a little bit faster g4. im disapointed., well i guess not since now im content with my older pb. for a processor increase of only ~170 mhz, a 8 instead of 4x superdrive, and that motion thing make it not worth it to me. Atleast they lowered the price so more people can afford it.
is there anyone who is actually going to upgrade to this one? Im just guna wait however long until the g5 comes out
02-01-2005, 05:16 PM #2
- Member Since
- Dec 24, 2002
- Los Angeles, California
- 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
I will be upgrading since I have a 500Mhz Ti PowerBook. I am just not sure when I will upgrade.Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
02-01-2005, 06:29 PM #3
Originally Posted by menace3054'cause when it rains, you know it pours.
- Member Since
- Nov 24, 2004
- Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
02-01-2005, 06:49 PM #4
- Member Since
- Jun 24, 2004
- Arlington Heights, IL USA
- 17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
I bought a new 15" G4 1.5GHz PowerBook in November and am completely happy with it, before, during and after this update.
If I didn't buy a PowerBook in November, that I needed for work, then 1) I wouldn't have been able to get half of my work done since spend alot of time travelling and 2) I would have bought a PC laptop that could handle the tasks I need(ed), now that wouldn't be too good now would it.
When dealing with computers, if you want the latest and greatest for longer than 6 months then, I'm sorry to tell you, it won't happen.
Just my 2 cents.Looking for a PowerMac G4 for $500 or less USD.
02-01-2005, 06:54 PM #5menace3054Guest
oh i totally agree with you, i just dont know why the would waste their time on an upgrade like this.. it was such a long period of time between this and the last upgrade that you would have thought something big was comming. I am totally happy with my pb and will be until the g5 comes out.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Japple79 in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 79Last Post: 11-27-2014, 10:15 AM
By stephengoliver in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 1Last Post: 07-31-2012, 11:22 PM
By TonyH1982 in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 3Last Post: 02-26-2012, 03:42 PM
By chscag in forum Running Windows (or anything else) on your MacReplies: 0Last Post: 10-23-2009, 11:29 PM
By chrismac in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 37Last Post: 07-06-2009, 06:41 AM