New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Will iBooks get increased VRAM when tiger comes out?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

whyatt

Cos if so I may wait till the vague "mid 2005" of tiger.

Also I know current iBooks will run tiger with less of the graphical goodies. Will the dashboard thing still work? That seems the most useful - apart form meta-folders (which must work).

What do you think?
QUOTE Thanks
titan0111

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyatt
Cos if so I may wait till the vague "mid 2005" of tiger.

Also I know current iBooks will run tiger with less of the graphical goodies. Will the dashboard thing still work? That seems the most useful - apart form meta-folders (which must work).

What do you think?
iBook won't support all the filters but I see no reason why dashboard won't work with current iBook...
QUOTE Thanks
whyatt

Sorry for the dumb question - whats a filter?

I don't think I'll be to bothered by the lack of graphical splender - as 10.3 is a huge jump from Redhat 9 (linux) anyway!
QUOTE Thanks
titan0111

Quote:
Sorry for the dumb question - whats a filter?

I don't think I'll be to bothered by the lack of graphical splender - as 10.3 is a huge jump from Redhat 9 (linux) anyway!
http://www.apple.com/macosx/tiger/coreimage.html

I may be wrong...
QUOTE Thanks
whyatt

Cheers!

from that site:

Extensible Image Units

Core Image provides a plug-in style architecture for accessing filters, transitions and effects packages called Image Units. Image Units provide centralized management for image processing plug-ins that can be shared across all host applications. Developers can spend more time creating new Image Units instead of porting code to work across heterogeneous applications. Image Units achieve unprecedented reliability and stability as well as performance.

If that doesn't work - then would newly created programs not run on the iBook at all!?
QUOTE Thanks
titan0111

Quote:
Cheers!

from that site:

Extensible Image Units

Core Image provides a plug-in style architecture for accessing filters, transitions and effects packages called Image Units. Image Units provide centralized management for image processing plug-ins that can be shared across all host applications. Developers can spend more time creating new Image Units instead of porting code to work across heterogeneous applications. Image Units achieve unprecedented reliability and stability as well as performance.

If that doesn't work - then would newly created programs not run on the iBook at all!?
My guess is apps will still work with some limited functions...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« ibook g4 question | Wich superdrive should I buy? »