New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Am I going to be angry?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Jordan

Hey all, only one more week until my iBook arrives! I am stoked.

However, having followed this forum for the past little while I am noticing that there seem to be a lot of people complaining about problems with their iBook - dead pixels, monitor bend, etc. Particularly so after I placed my order.

Can I just chalk it up to this being a forum and, therefore, it is likely that what few problems the iBook is having will surface here or is it just a flakey notebook?

Word.

Jordan
QUOTE Thanks
titan0111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan
Hey all, only one more week until my iBook arrives! I am stoked.

However, having followed this forum for the past little while I am noticing that there seem to be a lot of people complaining about problems with their iBook - dead pixels, monitor bend, etc. Particularly so after I placed my order.

Can I just chalk it up to this being a forum and, therefore, it is likely that what few problems the iBook is having will surface here or is it just a flakey notebook?

Word.

Jordan
I believe the problems discussed here happen rarely...and people are mostly likely to post their problems here for solution(s) rather than praising...
QUOTE Thanks
Prometheus

yeah just remember most people post here with problems. The iBook is a fantastic screen (even if mine does have slight moniter bend ). You've got yourself one of the best laptops around in my opinion, and if you have the 12", you'll be amazed how portable it is!
QUOTE Thanks
Mr Bobbins

Mr Bobbins has a spectacular aura about

I can't really speak for the new ibooks but I have a G3 800mhz ibook and it has no dead pixels, had it a year or so now, its a perfect machine, I'm really happy with it and its not my first mac, I've been using macs for years and I have always been really happy with them.
It can happen that you have bad luck as I've had with the new imac that I bought two weeks ago, had it a week then it packed in. Its still at the Apple store waiting for parts, they have had the computer now longer than me.
QUOTE Thanks
titan0111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bobbins
I can't really speak for the new ibooks but I have a G3 800mhz ibook and it has no dead pixels, had it a year or so now, its a perfect machine, I'm really happy with it and its not my first mac, I've been using macs for years and I have always been really happy with them.
It can happen that you have bad luck as I've had with the new imac that I bought two weeks ago, had it a week then it packed in. Its still at the Apple store waiting for parts, they have had the computer now longer than me.
what was wrong with your iMac? If it was within 2 weeks, you should have asked for a new one.
QUOTE Thanks
Mr Bobbins

Yes, didn't take the ram out that I installed so they just blamed it on me.Big mistake.
QUOTE Thanks
titan0111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bobbins
Yes, didn't take the ram out that I installed so they just blamed it on me.Big mistake.
Well, installing your own RAM doesn't void Apple's warrenty and I'm 100% sure...
QUOTE Thanks
Computer.Geek

Computer.Geek is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13.3" 2.26 GHz MBP, 2GB RAM, 640GB HD

i agree with the fact that most people post comments to find solutions or vent their frustrations. that being said, there will always be lemons or problems with any electronic item but it's just a matter of how often. i believe that apple has a good quality rating overall. that being said, if something was wrong with my ibook early on, i would be extremely angry. but guess what? my ibook is flawless....so far.

p.s.

on this topic, i do feel that dell does get a bad rep for quality b/c if you look @ how many computers they sell worldwide, there will be a lot more people who may have problems but of course their 2-3% who do have problems number in the thousands, hence, all the bad reviews on the web. opinions?
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

I'm convinced by my own switch that you will be delighted. It's all about the OS! :alien:
QUOTE Thanks
mangoSharingan

Nah, you don't have to worry here. Most people here like me are just fussy, lol. You will be glad that you bought an iBook. Most laptops have these small problems anyways. What you definitely know for sure though is that you will be using Mac OS X, IMO the current best OS.
QUOTE Thanks
Mr Bobbins

No news is good news but their really can't be enough good things said about OS X. Most people come here to complain but in a way its good as at least it keeps you aware of what the problems could be and how to deal with them.
QUOTE Thanks
code777

no worries, the iBook is fantastic! Yes mine has that little bit of bend in the plastic but i think its cosmetic. If it gets worse I'll be upset as its my workhorse computer now but only time will tell. But other than that the OS X is amazing, powerful, smooth, and easy to use, not to mention almost no viruses and no spyware/trojans to worry about.
QUOTE Thanks
MactotheMax

MactotheMax is on a distinguished road

I'll second everyone heres sentiments. I purchased my ibook last Friday. Almost a week now and I'm getting very acclimated. Let me say this... after having this for 5 days, I'll never, ever, ever, ever go back to a windows machine for my personal use. I did purchase VPC w/ windows 2000 for the 2 applications that I cant get on mac. It works perfectly (runs about as fast as a computer built in 2000 with windows 2000 on it). Especially for my purposes.

Dont worry.. you'll have no regrets. I dont.
QUOTE Thanks
benjohnson

benjohnson is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 1.83GHz 2GB RAM

Although I had a bit of a problem with expose, that's all, and I think thats stopped now anyway. I've got a 1.33 GHz G4 14" iBook, under 2 months old, and its perfect. Theres little niggles with everything, thats expected.
QUOTE Thanks
Jordan

Wow, 13 replies to my nagging post. Thanks for all the positive remarks. I'm all the more excited to receive it now.

My girlfriend is already nagging me about my future potential to ignore her once it arrives.

Caio,

Jordan
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« SuperDrive or Combo | Silly Question?? »