New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

ibook spacebar issue

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MBV

I have a 12' ibook with 1.2GHZ that I bought maybe a month ago. Everything is fine with the ibook except that the spacebar for the keyboard sometimes gets stuck. I mean stuck as in that it still works, but you have to apply a significant amount of additional pressure to use the spacebar, until it eventually unloosens itself. This gets annoying after a while. I popped open the keyboard and tried to see what was wrong, but I didn't get very far for the fear that I might mess something up (I even stupidly opened it up while the ibook was running, which made the ibook crash).

Anyone else face this problem? Is there a way to fix the problem? Should I just stop whining and suck it up? (optional question) Could the crash have messed up my ibook?
QUOTE Thanks
VictoryRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBV
I have a 12' ibook with 1.2GHZ that I bought maybe a month ago. Everything is fine with the ibook except that the spacebar for the keyboard sometimes gets stuck. I mean stuck as in that it still works, but you have to apply a significant amount of additional pressure to use the spacebar, until it eventually unloosens itself. This gets annoying after a while. I popped open the keyboard and tried to see what was wrong, but I didn't get very far for the fear that I might mess something up (I even stupidly opened it up while the ibook was running, which made the ibook crash).

Anyone else face this problem? Is there a way to fix the problem? Should I just stop whining and suck it up? (optional question) Could the crash have messed up my ibook?
i dont think the crash should harm anything, just be sure to turn it off next time . as far as the spacebar goes, is something stuck under it, i know one time i had a piece of food stuck under my spacebar on my old notebook and after a healthy amount of compressed air and some patience, i got it out.
QUOTE Thanks
Mr Bobbins

Mr Bobbins has a spectacular aura about

Yes, sounds clogged up to me too. If you can't get it fixed then I would contact apple support, if your lucky they will send a new keyboard in the post. Worth a try anyway and maybe they have some good advice as well.
QUOTE Thanks
MBV

Thanks guys, I don't know if there is anything stuck under the keyboard, but I will try dusting it anyways. If it keeps up hopefully my warrently still works. Hehe.
QUOTE Thanks
mangoSharingan

Sometimes my spacebar feels like it hasn't been used for weeks so I have to press it again to use it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« dropped powerbook | How to connect printer to iBook.. »