New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

PowerBook - Pismo with wrong keyboard!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

_metallizer_

_metallizer_ is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Pismo 500mhz, 768 of ram, Mac OS X Tiger .11

I recently bought a pismo in really nice condition, this is my first mac btw, itīs a 500mhz model with original dvd and 20gb hd, optional airport card and 768 of ram.

Itīs running on a fully updated tiger.

For the past 5 days Iīve been trying to setup the keyboard with no luck, then I though the keys were scrambled but thats not the case either.

After that I browsed the net and noticed the keyboards displayed are different than the one I have.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/metallizer/WpismoKeys.jpg

Itīs possible to change the keyboard configuration file to make this keyboard work correcly on the pismo?

Which model this keyboard came originally from?

also, I donīt have the administrator password, Itīs possible to change it without formatting? I asked the seller and he doesnīt know it either and didnīt bothered to ask to the person he originally bought it from.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

 menu > system preferences > International > Input menu - is your country ticked - and select Show input menu in menu bar, the flag in the top right of the menu bar will show you what language the keybaord is currently set to

If you have the restore disk you can change the admin password

Mac OS X: Changing or resetting an account password

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? – use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
_metallizer_

This is the "correct" pismo keyboard:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1193/...231cc3.jpg?v=0

notice how it has different keys and layout from the picture I originally posted.

Iīll try to reset the adm pass thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
_metallizer_

new years bump, according to this it looks like the french keyboard but it´s not exactly the same.

How to identify keyboard localizations

plus, the notebook refuses to boot from the dvd rom drive so I can´t remove the current adm pass.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

I still don't get what the problem is....
Do the keys on the keyboard not match what appears when you type?

I'd try all the different layout under the international settings to see if any of those will work. Alternatively just ignore the keyboard markings and just type "blind" instead. Or create your own layout:
Unicode Keyboards for Mac OS
Technical Note TN2056: Installable Keyboard Layouts
QUOTE Thanks
_metallizer_

Exactly.

I tried a bunch of the layouts at the international setting none of them works.

I´m typing in it blind right now but it irks me a lot when something I bought recently does not work perfectly.
QUOTE Thanks
_metallizer_

ok, I found a solution for the missing password that avoided dealing with the problem of the nonbooting dvd drive.

Apple - Support - Discussions - Password ...

see stewiesno1 post
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.1

There are French keyboards completely different from standard or US keyboard, with acutes and other grammar signs. Purchased a Mac laptop from the French Embassy in Beijing and struth it took some working out.

Eventually only way I could cope was removing original keyboard installing a standard keyboard.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« ibook 12'' g4 problem (logic board..again?) | Anyone running over 4GB Ram? »