New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Well the New Powerbooks are out

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bigchuckdiesel

bigchuckdiesel is on a distinguished road

No dual g4, or g5 chip just a speed bump. they added a few things thou. like , bluetooth 2.0, the Sudden Motion Sensor instantly parks the hard drive heads,and new trackpad with scrolling capability, check it out
http://www.apple.com/powerbook/
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Looks like sexboy will be disapointed.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

I thought I already said thered be no g5 or DP g4 or DC g4 laptops any time soon. why dont people ever listen? the upgrades are still cool. wish I had a powerbook.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Macman, you and anyone else who is sane has been trying to tell the G5 PowerBook zealots that same thing for years now....

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweb
Macman, you and anyone else who is sane has been trying to tell the G5 PowerBook zealots that same thing for years now....
exactly.
QUOTE Thanks
IChing

rman said : "Looks like sexboy will be disapointed."

sexboy said to rman :"I mkae a bet with if powerbook g5's dont come out by junne then ill rub it in ur face. JK" (:

thought you wanted to go down memory lane,
anyway wonder how much the price will drop on the old models, like mine will be? Just got it in November. Oh well, I'm very happy with mine.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

It doesn't look like they dropped the prices on all models just the base 12"

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
titan0111

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41
It doesn't look like they dropped the prices on all models just the base 12"
i don't think they dropped the price on 12" either...
QUOTE Thanks
bigchuckdiesel

bigchuckdiesel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman
I thought I already said thered be no g5 or DP g4 or DC g4 laptops any time soon. why dont people ever listen? the upgrades are still cool. wish I had a powerbook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by schweb
personnally i never said that there was gonna be a g5 or dual core powerbook, i was one who said there wouldn't be either also, i was just letting people know that the updates were out, since alot of people were talkin about powerbooks being out of stock and so forth, i guess that puts me in the sane catagory, i'm waitiong on tiger to come out before a make a move
QUOTE Thanks
maislin88

they did drop that prices on all the models i think. imo they only did this to get the most profit they can before they release the g5 powerbooks when they release tiger.
QUOTE Thanks
Cloudane

I envy the owners for the scrolling touchpad. Other than that, not too groundbreaking!
QUOTE Thanks
maislin88

the scrolling trackpad would be nice, but function page up/down works for me
QUOTE Thanks
SamR

Good to see 512ram standard. They didn't change the price on the 15" at all but now every 15" comes w/ a "brighter" backlit keyboard. I'm also envious of the trackpad thing, the hard drive protection deal I prob wouldn't need but would feel better about having.
QUOTE Thanks
jbsengineer

i just use "sidetrack" for scrolling with the trackpad. i also set a corner for expose! awesome!

josh
QUOTE Thanks
SamR

Maybe it's just cause I got the free version but sidetrack was absolutely worthless for me. I could never get it to work and it was horrible.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I did it. | Does the iBook suffer from yellowing? »