New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Restore DVDs for leopard on MBP 2.1Ghz??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jeremy336

jeremy336 is on a distinguished road

i'm planning on buying a 17inch 2.1Ghz Macbook Pro or a cheap 15inch 2.0 or above processor....... on Ebay (unless someone has one to sell on here) and i notice they either come with Tiger installed WITH restore discs or Clean install of Leopard but WITHOUT restore discs. Now i'm aware that they might be buying Leopard and doing a clean install but keeping the discs. so i have two questions
1. Can i buy a a set of Leopard OS X restore Discs on ebay and use them on a Macbook pro that has a 2.0 or 2.1ghz processor core duo and install it on there?
2. Is there Chart or anything that shows which restore disc model # etc. that have to go by to see if those restore disc can work on them?

I Notice the restore disc that i have....has "for mac computers" on it and its the grey disks...and i've seen macbook pro computers with the grey restore discs that has " for macbook ros "....just curious, thanks in advance for all your help.

I HAVE MY MACBOOK PRO FOR SALE PM ME FOR MORE INFO!
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

i wouldn't buy a used mac if it didn't come with either the original set of restore disks or a purchased copy of leopard.

that is unless they knocked about 130 bucks off the top so you can buy your own.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
jeremy336

jeremy336 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric View Post
i wouldn't buy a used mac if it didn't come with either the original set of restore disks or a purchased copy of leopard.

that is unless they knocked about 130 bucks off the top so you can buy your own.
thanks for the info. another thing is .....is it true when you buy a copy of leopard from the store or whever, you have to buy iLife DVD as well?? because thats what made think of buying a set of restore discs (besides a seller telling me that) with the restore discs they come with Leopard and iLife 08 built into them.
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

i believe that is true.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook Pro heat on old and new MBPs | Hard Disk Question »