Restore DVDs for leopard on MBP 2.1Ghz??
    i'm planning on buying a 17inch 2.1Ghz Macbook Pro or a cheap 15inch 2.0 or above processor....... on Ebay (unless someone has one to sell on here) and i notice they either come with Tiger installed WITH restore discs or Clean install of Leopard but WITHOUT restore discs. Now i'm aware that they might be buying Leopard and doing a clean install but keeping the discs. so i have two questions
    1. Can i buy a a set of Leopard OS X restore Discs on ebay and use them on a Macbook pro that has a 2.0 or 2.1ghz processor core duo and install it on there?
    2. Is there Chart or anything that shows which restore disc model # etc. that have to go by to see if those restore disc can work on them?

I Notice the restore disc that i have....has "for mac computers" on it and its the grey disks...and i've seen macbook pro computers with the grey restore discs that has " for macbook ros "....just curious, thanks in advance for all your help.

I HAVE MY MACBOOK PRO FOR SALE PM ME FOR MORE INFO!

i wouldn't buy a used mac if it didn't come with either the original set of restore disks or a purchased copy of leopard.

that is unless they knocked about 130 bucks off the top so you can buy your own.
    Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
    ["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]

Quote Originally Posted by eric View Post
    i wouldn't buy a used mac if it didn't come with either the original set of restore disks or a purchased copy of leopard.

that is unless they knocked about 130 bucks off the top so you can buy your own.
    thanks for the info. another thing is .....is it true when you buy a copy of leopard from the store or whever, you have to buy iLife DVD as well?? because thats what made think of buying a set of restore discs (besides a seller telling me that) with the restore discs they come with Leopard and iLife 08 built into them.

i believe that is true.
    Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
    ["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]

Thread Information