New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Late 2008 Macbook Pro: Games are crashing

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

flocked

flocked is on a distinguished road

Hi,
i have a problem with the macbook pro. i installed windows xp 86x with service pack 3 on my new macbook pro 2.53 ghz and installed also some games like fallout 3, dead space and cod: waw... And everytime my macbook gets really hot and after 10-20mins. firstly the sound doesnt work and than the game crashes...i tried the bootcamp-driver, the new driver of nividia and a custom 180.48 driver...always the same problem...i installed also the efi and smc update...
Can anyone help me? thanks

sry, for my bad english.

update: not only games are crashing, other graphic hungry things are crashing, when my macbook pro is very hot...i tried to watch a videoclip on youtube and firefox was crashing...then i tried the same with safari and again the same problem...
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

I would make sure both fans are working istat pro will give you all the fan
speeds and temps of your cpu, gpu ,heat-sinks and base obviously something
is running very hot.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iBook G4 battery charging problems | Calibrating Battery Question »