Specs:
    Macbook
    Macbook Keyboard
    Hello there,

I hope you all have had a very Merry Christmas!

A quick query; I purchased a white Macbook around eighteen months to two years ago and have loved it and the Apple experience, it being my first Apple product other than an iPod. Around three months ago, the right CTRL button stopped working and then, over the last two months, more and more buttons on the keyboard have also begun to fail. Most recently, the space bar has stopped working; which renders the laptop unusable since I primarily use it for work and typing. I was hoping you would have some suggestions as to what I should do? Can the keyboard be replaced, which would, for me, be the simplest option? Or should I return it to Apple? I cannot register with their online support for some reason. Alternatively, should I take the laptop back to PC World and see what happens?

Any help would be most appreciated. If the keyboard could simply be replaced then I would rather do that.

With many thanks,

gavagava

Specs:
    iMac, iPad, MacBook Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by gavagava View Post
    Hello there,

I hope you all have had a very Merry Christmas!

A quick query; I purchased a white Macbook around eighteen months to two years ago and have loved it and the Apple experience, it being my first Apple product other than an iPod. Around three months ago, the right CTRL button stopped working and then, over the last two months, more and more buttons on the keyboard have also begun to fail. Most recently, the space bar has stopped working; which renders the laptop unusable since I primarily use it for work and typing. I was hoping you would have some suggestions as to what I should do? Can the keyboard be replaced, which would, for me, be the simplest option? Or should I return it to Apple? I cannot register with their online support for some reason. Alternatively, should I take the laptop back to PC World and see what happens?

Any help would be most appreciated. If the keyboard could simply be replaced then I would rather do that.

With many thanks,

gavagava
    The law in the uk is: A product has to be fit for the purpose it was sold, and even if you only have the standard 1yr, most people think that 1yr is it!, on a product like a laptop it should give you a longer service than you have had, so the long and short of it is, you do have claim, and that stands with PC World, and if you encounter a problem with them, Trading standards will advise.

Thread Information