New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Macbook Keyboard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

gavagava

gavagava is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook

Hello there,

I hope you all have had a very Merry Christmas!

A quick query; I purchased a white Macbook around eighteen months to two years ago and have loved it and the Apple experience, it being my first Apple product other than an iPod. Around three months ago, the right CTRL button stopped working and then, over the last two months, more and more buttons on the keyboard have also begun to fail. Most recently, the space bar has stopped working; which renders the laptop unusable since I primarily use it for work and typing. I was hoping you would have some suggestions as to what I should do? Can the keyboard be replaced, which would, for me, be the simplest option? Or should I return it to Apple? I cannot register with their online support for some reason. Alternatively, should I take the laptop back to PC World and see what happens?

Any help would be most appreciated. If the keyboard could simply be replaced then I would rather do that.

With many thanks,

gavagava
QUOTE Thanks
chrisiw

chrisiw is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac, iPad, MacBook Pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavagava View Post
Hello there,

I hope you all have had a very Merry Christmas!

A quick query; I purchased a white Macbook around eighteen months to two years ago and have loved it and the Apple experience, it being my first Apple product other than an iPod. Around three months ago, the right CTRL button stopped working and then, over the last two months, more and more buttons on the keyboard have also begun to fail. Most recently, the space bar has stopped working; which renders the laptop unusable since I primarily use it for work and typing. I was hoping you would have some suggestions as to what I should do? Can the keyboard be replaced, which would, for me, be the simplest option? Or should I return it to Apple? I cannot register with their online support for some reason. Alternatively, should I take the laptop back to PC World and see what happens?

Any help would be most appreciated. If the keyboard could simply be replaced then I would rather do that.

With many thanks,

gavagava
The law in the uk is: A product has to be fit for the purpose it was sold, and even if you only have the standard 1yr, most people think that 1yr is it!, on a product like a laptop it should give you a longer service than you have had, so the long and short of it is, you do have claim, and that stands with PC World, and if you encounter a problem with them, Trading standards will advise.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New TV for Christmas, need help hooking to MBP! | Questions about selling an ibook G4 »