New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Weird Macbook Pro problem; screen flickering, and black line.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

stevenf99

stevenf99 is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone, I have a 15" aluminum Macbook pro, which I purchased less than 2 months ago, everything up until now has been running perfectly, but lately I've had a little problem. Every so often my screen will briefly turn off, and i see a black bar at the top of the screen, this all happens really fast, less than a second. It kind of just flickers really fast. It happens when I'm using battery, as well as when I'm plugging in. This happens around 3 times a day, from what I can recall, and it's been happening for around a week now. Anyone know what this can be? Should I be worried, because I kind of am

Thanks a lot.
-Steven F.
QUOTE Thanks
Noxian

Noxian is a jewel in the roughNoxian is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle

If you can reproduce the problem easily take it into apple and get them to take a look at it. Sure doesn't sound normal at all.
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

Sounds like a hardware issue. Let Apple fix it.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks
stevenf99

stevenf99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstep View Post
Sounds like a hardware issue. Let Apple fix it.
That's probably best, but the problem is that I'm going on vacation in 16 days, and I doubt It will be ready in time, or else I would have to wait until February, when I come back.
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenf99 View Post
That's probably best, but the problem is that I'm going on vacation in 16 days, and I doubt It will be ready in time, or else I would have to wait until February, when I come back.
Most things Apple says takes a week. Often it is faster.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenf99 View Post
You're not going to find out if it will be ready on time unless you take it on in and have them give you an estimate.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
Erudite.Warrior

Erudite.Warrior has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2.8Ghz MBP, 4GB RAM, 320 GB 7200RPM HD

I've noticed the same thing on my MBP. Although it only occurs when I am using the 9400M graphics card. It does not occur when I am using the 9600M GT. I will be giving Apple a call very soon to see what they say.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New MBP or... wait? | Installing Memory »