New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

iBook G4 and external gaming LCD

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

houseofluv

I am looking at buying a new iBook G4 with the 32 MB Radeon 9200 graphics. I am currently using a Gateway (ugh) laptop with Radeon 7500 graphics, and am not so impressed... I want to connect the iBook G4 to an NEC 17" LCD with 1280x1024 resolution using the screen spanning hack. Does anybody have any suggestions as to the performance of this setup? Thanks so much.
QUOTE Thanks
meltbanana314

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofluv
I am looking at buying a new iBook G4 with the 32 MB Radeon 9200 graphics. I am currently using a Gateway (ugh) laptop with Radeon 7500 graphics, and am not so impressed... I want to connect the iBook G4 to an NEC 17" LCD with 1280x1024 resolution using the screen spanning hack. Does anybody have any suggestions as to the performance of this setup? Thanks so much.

Here is my referral link. To help me get my Mini Mac, click this exact link to join, or copy and paste it into a browser:
http://www.FreeMiniMacs.com/?r=14631245
Please help me out with this.
You'll need to buy a VGA-DVI adapter. the iBook only has a VGA port.

http://www.drbott.com/prod/db.lasso?QuickSearch=vgator

Also, the forum mods probably won't appreciate the "free mini mac" link. they regularly delete "free iPod" posts in the forums and they'd probably do the same for any other products. i'd remove it if i were you.
QUOTE Thanks
HuMpS 97 DoHc

you don't need the adaptor you can just hook it up using a vga connection. I have a 19" nec lcd hooked up like that. It works great but I don't do any gaming so i don't know about that.
QUOTE Thanks
meltbanana314

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuMpS 97 DoHc
you don't need the adaptor you can just hook it up using a vga connection. I have a 19" nec lcd hooked up like that. It works great but I don't do any gaming so i don't know about that.
Not if the LCD can only be driven by DVI. He failed to mention whether it worked with VGA or not, but since its a new-ish LCD display most people (including me) would assume its DVI only.
QUOTE Thanks
HuMpS 97 DoHc

well most of the new lcd's have both vga and dvi. I just bought mine about 2 weeks ago so I know whats out there.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« RAM for the powerbook | using external monitor, bad? »