New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Replacing rubber "bumper" aside HD

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

majahops

majahops is on a distinguished road

My mental retardation manifests itself in strange, unpredictable ways (I'm joking... sort of). This time, I seem to have removed one of the black rubber shock-absorbing "bumpers" that are placed on each side of the hard drive to absorb shock upon impact, jolting or shaking of the macbook. This has resulted in my macbook spontaneously freezing or restarting if I say, close it while it's on and put it in my backpack as I move from one place to another in the library, and even sometimes when I inadvertantly nudge it while I am surfing the net in bed with my macbook on my lap.

The bottom line is that I need to either purchase one of these bumpers to replace the one I am missing, or I need to fashion a quality version of my own (not sure how I'd do that, but I imagine it's possible).

Does anybody know either 1) a place that I can purchase one of these bumpers from or 2) a reliable, proven method for fashioning my own bumper?

Thank you so much ahead of time.

-Tim

BTW, I have a Macbook Core Duo 2.0GHz (v1)
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

If there's still one remaining shock absorber, look at it to get an idea of what it would take to fashion one yourself. Either that or drop in to your local Apple store and cry on the shoulder of one of the Genius' and ask him\her if they have any spare hard drive shock absorbers laying around they could give you.

Being so close to Xmas, maybe they'll be nice to you.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Just bought a macbook and... | Can't find startup disk when installing OSX »