New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

iBook case

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

maislin88

Im looking for a good bookbag for my 14' iBook. If you have pics of yours or website picks that would be great.
QUOTE Thanks
meltbanana314

I'd avoid laptop bags purely because they stand out more and are therefore more likely to get stolen. Thieves specifically look for Targus, Kensington, and Samsonite laptop bags.

I take the "starving student" approach to carrying my laptop. Find a spare pillowcase or two, put your laptop in it, and put it in an old, ugly backpack (taking special care not to put your lunch or drinks in it as well...)

Just my two cents.
QUOTE Thanks
Ryanstech

Make your own http://www.timbuk2.com/
QUOTE Thanks
Mr Bobbins

Mr Bobbins has a spectacular aura about

Yes, make one out of ply-board and stick on leopard skin fur. That would be fantastic, just imagine the look of envy on peoples faces, priceless.
The bags in the shops are all pritty much the same, i got a targus bag with my ibook 14" and it does the job.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

I got a nice Bree black laptop sidebag for christmas that is completely black from the outside, fairly inconspicuous, nice and slim - but with a padded laptop area...
QUOTE Thanks
itsmeee

i got the brenthaven apple case from my local apple store. Its a great backpack (they also carry shoulder bags), it has lifetime warranty, good protection for the laptop (dropped it enough with my ibook in it to know that). Anyway i would suggest it, do realize like people have said it will be more prone to being stolen. I just remedy that by never letting go of it. :p
QUOTE Thanks
MrChris

MrChris is a jewel in the roughMrChris is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac | iPhone 4

Hey,

I have a Tucano Second Skin case for my 12" iBook. Its great because it protects my iBook whilst letting me put it into my backpack, eliminating the need for a big, bulky laptop bag that draws attention.

Heres the same case but for your 14" iBook:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...955980-5122062

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Chris, :teen:
QUOTE Thanks
sebeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChris
Hey,

I have a Tucano Second Skin case for my 12" iBook. Its great because it protects my iBook whilst letting me put it into my backpack, eliminating the need for a big, bulky laptop bag that draws attention.

Heres the same case but for your 14" iBook:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...955980-5122062

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Chris, :teen:

I use sleeve too..but from http://www.booqbags.com That way i can just put my ibook into a normal backpack. Here is the link to the 14" one.
http://www.booqbags.com/Detail.bok?no=96

QUOTE Thanks
Jefe3223

As Ryanstech said, timbuk2.com. I have the same computer as you and I love my bag. I don't always carry my laptop with me, but it's good for that, or books, or both.

I got mine from the mac store, it came recommended to me from one of the workers. Mine's blue and looks better then some of the ones that seem to be on the website.
QUOTE Thanks
warrenbert

www.spireusa.com

They make Messenger-style bags of the highest quality.

I have the small bag for my 12" and it fits like a famous football player's glove, only a little looser.
QUOTE Thanks
Frodo

I use the Tuscano Second Skin for my iBook 12". I use a kinda shoulder bag for carrying it about it. You still have to be careful with it cause it's not thick enough to fully protect it if you were to drop it, but it stops it from getting any scratches when you carry it about places.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Startup from USB drive | New Powerbooks »