New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

PowerBook - Powerbook G3 Help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

vladimir

vladimir is on a distinguished road

I bought my mom a used MAC Powerbook g3 for christmas (it is what she wanted). It worked fine, until last night, when my brother tried to upgrade the RAM. Now the computer turns on, but NOTHING happens! Why!? Help!
QUOTE Thanks
hugtheslug

hugtheslug is a jewel in the roughhugtheslug is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2013 MacBook Air i5 13" / MacBook C2D 2.13GHz / iMac G5 iSight 1.9GHz / iMac G5 1.6 GHz / Pismo G4

I would suggest the new RAM may not be seated properly. Try pulling it out and reinserting it positively.
If that doesn't work then remove it completely and go back to how it was, then try booting again. If that works then the new RAM might be either the wrong type or just a bad module.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Hugh

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
Warning - this user has only a little knowledge
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Slight Screen Flicker on New Alum MacBook | MacBook TV Out aaahh!!! »