New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Typing problems on my PowerBook G4

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Papadelta

I switched about 18 months ago and love it. The only fly in the ointment is that when I type (granted I use 2 or 3 fingers, but I've gotten pretty good at it since I do it all day long ) many letters appear twice. I have been typing on IBM laptops and desktops for about 15 years without this problem at all. As soon as I bought my first G4 18 months ago this started happening. After about 9 months I got my wife to switch and sshe didn't have a problem with my G4 so I bought myself a new G4. Imagine my disapointment when it started happening immediately agaain. I now have to run spell check eveytime, or stop to reread evey line. Real pain. I changed the setting on the system preferences about key repeat rate but this didn't make any difference at all.

The fact that this happened to mee on two different laptops teells me it is not a hhardwware issue. Is it? (I left the errors in this paragraph so you could see wwhat I mean)

Has this happened to anybody else? Please let me know.

No, I don't stutter, but it sure feels like it.
QUOTE Thanks
phatsew

Well, it seems you're having a really tough time adjusting to that keyboard. If it happened with two, I would say it's a pretty safe bet that you may need to adjust your typing style in some way to compensate for the problem. If you have an Apple store near you, go in there and type away on the powerbooks and ibooks, see if it happens. If it doesn't, then bring your powerbook in to the genius and show them, see what they say.
QUOTE Thanks
Papadelta

Thanks. I now pretend the keys are red hot and have to lift my fingers quickly. However, what happens technically when a finger touches a key? I have not been able to purposely duplicate the problem. If I keep my finger on the key longer, nothing happens. It only happens when I'm typing fast. Curiosity is eating at me.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Please Help!! Is there somethin wrong with my PB??? | iSight help!! »