Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Specs:
    MB467LL: 2.4MHz Intel Intel Core 2 Duo / 2GB DDR3 SDRAM / 250GB Hard Drive / SuperDrive DVD±RW/CD-RW
    Question Need to Lock the Keyboard (on new Alu Macbook)
    Hi,

My 1.5 yrs old daughter alway try to press some key when I leave my macbook with any appliation running on it . Is there a way to lock/freeze the keyboard (I dont want to run any screensaver, because I need to monitor the application running). Please suggest.

Regards,
    Nalin

i had the same problem with my 4 year old a while back and my 1 year old recently. a few realy short, sharp, loud "NO!"s when they get close to it and they don't even bother with it any more.
    Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
    ["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]

Specs:
    MB467LL: 2.4MHz Intel Intel Core 2 Duo / 2GB DDR3 SDRAM / 250GB Hard Drive / SuperDrive DVD±RW/CD-RW
    Question Need to Lock the Keyboard (on new Alu Macbook)
    Hi:

My 1.5 yrs old daughter alway try to press some key when I leave my macbook with any appliation running on it . Is there a way to lock/freeze the keyboard (I dont want to run any screensaver, because I need to monitor the application running). Please suggest.

Regards... Nalin

Specs:
    Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
    Uhm......teach your daughter not to touch your computer?

Specs:
    Appricate any valuable input…
    Appricate any valuable input…

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    NOTE: Merged duplicate threads.

To the OP, check out Keyboard Cleaner.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    Thanks for the reply. This s/w puts a blank-black screen on the desktop and we can't really see the application running on the background.

Any other pointer/inputs.

Specs:
    13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
    Training your child is far more important than any computer app.
    ~ 13" MacBook Air. OSX 10.9 ~ iPad 2 & iPhone ~

Specs:
    It does seem like you're trying to cure a behavioral problem with a technical solution. My kids, one 8 months and the other 3.5 both know that Daddy's laptop is a "NO zone".
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

Quote Originally Posted by torchy View Post
    Training your child is far more important than any computer app.
    bingo.

and your own behavior too.

i have a cat that drinks out of water glasses all the time. i have trained myself not to leave them out where she can knock them over. my wife on the other hand stubbornly refuses to learn to correct her behavior to deal with what is essentially a non-alterable behavior in the cat. result, constant spills on the furniture and floor.
    perhaps your relationship with your daughter is something you need to change to suit the situation.
    Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
    ["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    Sorry, wouldn't recommend a fix that allows the continuation of inappropriate behavior. Some things are not toys. Do you have the same compunction teaching not to touch a hot pan that just came off the stove?
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Specs:
    Boss: I understand/agree/appreciate your thoughts.

But we are deviating from the main topic: "I need a program to lock/freeze the keyboard". Do you have one? If yes- then please share (but pls dont throw more suggestions on "inappropriate behavior" etc etc, its an on going process and it will definitely improve- NO DOUBT THERE). This is a technical forum and I expect a technical answer.

Specs:
    Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
    Leave it to mac-forums for somebody to come for a technical question and we respond with parenting advice!
    Blog- My random musings as I document the spiritual changes I go through.

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1st Corinithians 3:13

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by nksinha View Post
    Boss: I understand/agree/appreciate your thoughts.

But we are deviating from the main topic: "I need a program to lock/freeze the keyboard". Do you have one? If yes- then please share (but pls dont throw more suggestions on "inappropriate behavior" etc etc, its an on going process and it will definitely improve- NO DOUBT THERE). This is a technical forum and I expect a technical answer.
    But it's not a technical forum, nor is it a technical problem. We are a Mac-using community, that just happens to provide assistance with troubleshooting technical problems. If your oven was on and your child was approach it, would you blame the oven for doing what it was supposed to do, or would you teach your child that it was dangerous and not to go near it?

Specs:
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    But it's not a technical forum, nor is it a technical problem. We are a Mac-using community, that just happens to provide assistance with troubleshooting technical problems. If your oven was on and your child was approach it, would you blame the oven for doing what it was supposed to do, or would you teach your child that it was dangerous and not to go near it?
    Once again thanks for "Parenting advice". Please leave this for someone who can give a pointer to some software/program.

ALL: PLEASE DONT WASTE YOUR TIME IN REPLYING WITH A "Parenting Advice" because- as I said earlier "I understand/agree/appreciate all Parenting Advice", BUT I'M LOOKING FOR A SOFTWARE/PROGRAM. DO U HAVE ANY- IF YES- THEN PLEASE SHARE.

Thread Information