New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Day-Day Handeling/Care

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

engrwpride

engrwpride is on a distinguished road

I am just wondering how careful the general user is with his or her notebook. Some people nearly drop there notebooks on the desks (only seen for old junky PCs) while others treat there notebook like its a fragile glass sculpture about to break. Please give any input.
QUOTE Thanks
KiloGolf92

KiloGolf92 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.4 GHz

It's all about priorities - personally, my computer contains all of my personal information, photos, movies, music, and other very important documents for school - thus you will never catch me tossing my machine carelessly around on my desk. Just use good judgment and be sure not to inadvertently damage your Mac - for obvious reasons - VOID OF WARRANTY!!
QUOTE Thanks
ADKhikerVW

ADKhikerVW is a jewel in the roughADKhikerVW is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4

Well any notebook, especially one made by Apple, is no small investment, so I tend to treat mine with a certain degree of care. I put mine in a drawer at night so the cats don't knock it off the table, and generally am gentle about setting it down, closing the screen, etc. Just use common sense and treat it as you would any $1k plus investment.
QUOTE Thanks
True Bassist

True Bassist is a jewel in the roughTrue Bassist is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

My new MBP sits on my desk at home (right at the back as far away from the edge as possible!!) most of the time with it's magsafe power cord plugged in unless I am moving around the house. If I'm walking around with it it gets closed (InsomniaX 2) and if it ventures outside it goes into my gorgeous Tucano Second Skin folder which I absolutely love. My machine is worth around £1,300 and even though I only paid £300 for it I treat it with so much care.
QUOTE Thanks
OK Computer

OK Computer is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Intel Core 2 Duo Black MacBook

In my opinion you'll really enjoy your machine more if you don't over protect it. I've seen some cases where people are just way too paranoid about their mac. (I was for about a month or two).

i usually do a monthly cleaning of data and the actual macbook.

blackbooks look sexy after a good cleaning
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Staatttiiiicc | new Macbook battery »