Thread: Help me choose!

Help me choose!
    I have been a PC user all of my life, and have decided to convert to Macintosh.

I have a Dell Latitude that I use for work, and a desktop PC that I use at home.

I just recently had my first child, and feel that having a Macintosh for his pictures, home videos, music, sufing the Internet etc. would be best for me, since my desktop at home is quite dated. I'm in need for a new machine now.

Not sure if I want/need an imac, new macbook, or even that last gen macbook pro.

Besides considering a remote possibility that I might want to use the new machine downstairs in the family room or even at my local Starbucks, I can't decide.

Help me choose, I want to order something tomorrow.

Thanks in advance!

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    I'd say a 15" MBP or 17" will serve you well. It can be used as a desktop replacement, and still be somewhat mobile..the 17" that is. ^-^"
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

Help me choose
    I have been a PC user all of my life, and have decided to convert to Macintosh.

I have a Dell Latitude that I use for work, and a desktop PC that I use at home.

I just recently had my first child, and feel that having a Macintosh for his pictures, home videos, music, sufing the Internet etc. would be best for me, since my desktop at home is quite dated. I'm in need for a new machine now.

Not sure if I want/need an imac, new macbook, or even that last gen macbook pro.

Besides considering a remote possibility that I might want to use the new machine downstairs in the family room or even at my local Starbucks, I can't decide.

Help me choose, I want to order something tomorrow.

Thanks in advance!

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    *Note - Duplicate Threads merged. No need to post the exact same thread 2 times in 2 different forums. *

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    If you want to be able to use it around the house in different rooms and possibly take it to starbucks, then for sure get a Notebook.

For the very basic things you are going to use it for, even a Macbook would suffice. The new 15" MBP would also be nice but at a higher cost. With an iMac you are tied to a desk in one room.

Thanks dtravis7.

So new Macbook or last gen MBP? They are fairly close in price.

Thread Information