New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

PowerBook - iBook or Powerbook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

cujo844

cujo844 is on a distinguished road

Im new to the board and am currently running a Powerbook Ti 1GHz machine with an external monitor as my LCD has gone out. I have tried to fix it several times including swapping the screen out for another Ti LCD and it does not look like I will be able to fix it. I am tired of dealing with it and want a completely working laptop. The machine works fine and it looks like iFixit.com is offering me $250 for it. If I take the deal, my question is whether I should get a refurbished 14" 1.33GHz ibook or an aluminum powerbook. It seems that the powerbooks also have screen issues that I am aware of, maybe there are more issues. Please give suggestions as to which you prefer reliability-wise. I do not need this machine for much more than internet, music, IM and occasional Photoshopping, but it does need to be reliable. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Late 2007 MacBook w/ x3100, still no drivers? | Mini Display Port to DVI adapter for the new macbook »