New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Macbook Trade in Old for New model question?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Elise888

Elise888 is on a distinguished road

So i have a MacBook OS X and i have at least a year warranty which is still active. The new MacBooks have come out and i was wondering if im allowed to replace my current model MacBook with the new model that just came out. My MacBook is still in good condition and it was the latest model before the new models came out. So would Apple let me trade? I mean, the newer models are the same price as my model too so i dont see why is would be a problem.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise888 View Post
So i have a MacBook OS X and i have at least a year warranty which is still active. The new MacBooks have come out and i was wondering if im allowed to replace my current model MacBook with the new model that just came out. My MacBook is still in good condition and it was the latest model before the new models came out. So would Apple let me trade? I mean, the newer models are the same price as my model too so i dont see why is would be a problem.
Erm, no.
QUOTE Thanks
B&O

B&O has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.

The fact that it is a year old and has been used.

MacBook Pro 2.66Ghz i7. Mac Mini 2.26Ghz C2D
iPhone 3G 16GB iPad 3G 64GB
Check out my flickr
QUOTE Thanks
Khris

Khris has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD

I purchased my Black MacBook from an authorized reseller who actually does take trade-ins.....so when the new Unibody MacBooks came out, I traded in my Black for a new 2.4 Unibody.

Apple will not directly do this, but you might be able to find a reseller who does.
QUOTE Thanks
Solemony

Solemony is on a distinguished road

Uh no..I don't think so. You might need to go to other apple retailer stores who does trade-ins..

~Every thousand mile journey starts with a single step~
QUOTE Thanks
Elise888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khris View Post
I purchased my Black MacBook from an authorized reseller who actually does take trade-ins.....so when the new Unibody MacBooks came out, I traded in my Black for a new 2.4 Unibody.

Apple will not directly do this, but you might be able to find a reseller who does.
Who was this authorized reseller? How did you find him? Where is he located? i dont know if theres anything like that where i live but id like to know how to find out about where i can find them.
QUOTE Thanks
Elise888

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&O View Post
The fact that it is a year old and has been used.
Well, the thing is, is that it is not a year old, and is in perfect condition. I just have a one year warranty that that is still active. I just figured that i might be able to do a trade in or something because, well i have a 1st generation ipod touch and then about a month after i got it, the 2nd generations came out, which sucked because the 2nd gens have a built in speaker and is thinner and have an extra Gig on it. Best Buy would have let me trade in my 1st gen with a 2nd gen except my brother bought me the ipod and he didnt get a warranty, but if he did i wouldve been able to trade, so i thought maybe the same thing would work with my Macbook except best buy didnt sell me my mac, i figured i could trade it in somewhere else in the same way.
QUOTE Thanks
jimd144

jimd144 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro

Quote:
Why is a new one so superior to the one year old that you would want to replace it? I have the MacBook Pro, and I run Fusion with 4GB ram.

just curious
QUOTE Thanks
Khris

Khris has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD

Quote:
Who was this authorized reseller? How did you find him? Where is he located? i dont know if theres anything like that where i live but id like to know how to find out about where i can find them.
I live in Edmonton Canada and the retailer is "Westworld Computers".

I don't know if too many places actually do this, or how to find out other than calling them and asking.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Awesome! Broken Screen...Applecare question | Backlight? »