New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - CD Stuck in my MacBook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

A-R

A-R is on a distinguished road

Hello guys, big problem.. I have a CD stuck in my Macbook. Its MAC OS X.. version 10.4.11 ...Intel core duo 2

when the laptop is starting up it does load but however its not showing up on the screen.
I have tried holding the keypad while starting. also i have no gurantee as I have passed period
Its been stuck for 3 weeks...Please do help
QUOTE Thanks
melow71

melow71 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: MBP 2.33ghz 2 Gb RAM 160GB 17" Glossy...

turn-off the laptop if you can then before you turn on the laptop hold down the eject button on your keyboard.. HOLD IT DOWN until the computer releases the disk.. I had this problem some time ago and this worked perfectly, just remember to hold down the eject button before you press the power button...

-luck

-Griffey Jr ...the sweetest swing there ever was.
QUOTE Thanks
A-R

Thanks for your advice... I tried it twice but however to no avail..Looking forward to more response
QUOTE Thanks
melow71

melow71 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: MBP 2.33ghz 2 Gb RAM 160GB 17" Glossy...

try it with your laptop upside down... my friend tried this and it worked

-Griffey Jr ...the sweetest swing there ever was.
QUOTE Thanks
walkerj

walkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive

My wife's black Macbook had this problem. I was able to get it out by 'flexing' the case while holding down the eject button and then took it to the Apple store where I was able to reproduce the issue. The genius took it back and somehow 'tweaked' the case with some sort of adjustment such that it would then eject discs reliably.

He told me that people usually (since most people are right handed) picked them up from the disc loading side and this over time could warp the casing just enough that the CD wouldn't eject. Solution: Use both hands on each side whenever picking it up to move it around. Tolerances on these notebooks are wicked tight.
QUOTE Thanks
StingMe

StingMe is on a distinguished road

Hmmm...sounds a lot like a thread from a few days ago

My new Macbook won't eject disk...
QUOTE Thanks
A-R

It looks like I am screwed because I have tried a few ways but it dosent work... aaaaah so annoying..thanks for the advice guys
QUOTE Thanks
B&O

B&O has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.

Last try, hold down the track pad button and don't let go until it loads. It takes a while but if the drive has the ability it will spit out the disc.

MacBook Pro 2.66Ghz i7. Mac Mini 2.26Ghz C2D
iPhone 3G 16GB iPad 3G 64GB
Check out my flickr
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Best way I've found:
Double-sided sticky tape on a long flat object carefully inserted into the slot drive. Works a treat and I've seen authorized Apple Service providers do it too..
QUOTE Thanks
A-R

iv tried the last way dosent seem to come out.. this is so annoying
QUOTE Thanks
A-R

still got the problem.. i dnt have the option of taking it to the apple store.. iv tried most tricks..but please feel free to help..as it will be needed
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MacBook Late 08 TrackPad Problems | dual boot macbook backup »