New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - upgrade to new macbook or old MBP?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rwm514

rwm514 is on a distinguished road

I have a g4 powerbook with 512mb ram. I use it at my small business with a 19 inch widescreen, its nice to have the 2 screens. It gets bogged down pretty easily. The battery is also toast. I have been thinking of moving up to the new macbook aluminum but I have seen some pretty good deals on the older generation MBP. About the same price for the basic model ie $1250. Which is a better laptop? thx
QUOTE Thanks
TomTomTuning

TomTomTuning is a jewel in the roughTomTomTuning is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone

Besides cosmetically...

More memory
250gb HD
Better Graphic card

But is it worth the cost difference? I dont know but i love my C2D (silver keys)

QUOTE Thanks
mikesmith2

mikesmith2 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro, White macbook, iMac

If the price is the same get the MBP.
QUOTE Thanks
stal1n77

stal1n77 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 15 inch 2.4ghz Peryn 4 gig

I have the last revision mbp before the unibody, it has the same processor as the high end macbook which costs $1600 and better graphics card. I would go with the MBP if its the same price, my friend has a new macbook it looks cool but my MBP is a faster machine for the money
QUOTE Thanks
nicfargo

nicfargo is on a distinguished road

I have the Oct 2008 release of the macbook pro, and I love it. I thought about getting the older MPB (silver keys) but the faster processor, faster RAM (and bus speed), and faster vid processor steered me towards the newest one. I do a lot of photo editing and some video editing and it works great for both. I'm a convert from PC and I honestly don't know why I waited so long!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Dual Screens? | Upgrades on a MA700LLA, ram and HDD. »