New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - I'm worried; 4 dead pixels, one month old MB, I have kept it carefully; solutions?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ahmedejaz

ahmedejaz is on a distinguished road

Hey,

I am really worried, I bought a new MB 2.4 from Canada and brought it back to Pakistan. I found today while cleaning the screen that it has 4 dead pixels.

Please suggest me possibilities; will Apple replace it if i send it back? Does this dead pixel thing happen very often?

I am very disappointed in Apple Hardware, I used many laptops Vaio, HP but didn't encounter this here I am out of all options. Plz help me out!
QUOTE Thanks
Andy348

Andy348 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1 Ghz 4GB RAM 120GB HDD, iPod Touch 16GB, iPod Shuffle 1GB, BB 8130

I bought a refurbished product and from the looks of it, I believe I have about 10 dead pixels. Only a couple are the sort of multicolored ones but there are certain ones that just look like specs on the screen.

There was a picture posted of Apples requirements for you to send a product back and get a new display for dead pixels. I don't know how many, etc.
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedejaz View Post
Hey,

I am really worried, I bought a new MB 2.4 from Canada and brought it back to Pakistan. I found today while cleaning the screen that it has 4 dead pixels.

Please suggest me possibilities; will Apple replace it if i send it back? Does this dead pixel thing happen very often?

I am very disappointed in Apple Hardware, I used many laptops Vaio, HP but didn't encounter this here I am out of all options. Plz help me out!
Here's Apple's "official" stance on the matter:
About LCD display pixel anomalies

According to some other reading, their criteria for authorizing repair on dead pixels is based on the number of dead pixels, the size of the screen (larger screens are "allowed" to have more dead pixels), and the proximity of the dead pixels to each other.

If you have a 13" screen on your MacBook, then chances are good that four dead pixels will be considered unacceptable and eligible for repair under warranty.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
JuanGuapo

JuanGuapo is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: uMBP 2.66/4GB/320GB; iMac 2.66Ghz/4GB/320GB; Apple TV; Black iPhone 3G 16GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedejaz View Post
Hey,

Just contact Apple in your home country and see what your repair options are.
QUOTE Thanks
melow71

melow71 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: MBP 2.33ghz 2 Gb RAM 160GB 17" Glossy...

RETURN THAT CRAP IMMEDIATELY.... their is no way that you should have 4 dead pixels on your machine that quickly... I am sorry that you had to go home to another country to find that out, it really sucks bro.. I would complain and make apple pay the international shipping charge. As a matter of fact.. I DID.. which is how I know they will do it, so don't take no for an answer.

-luck

-Griffey Jr ...the sweetest swing there ever was.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Won't charge, MagSafe light extremely dimmed | Time Machine Sharing »