New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Which one should I buy mcbook 2,0 or 2,4?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bjorko

bjorko is on a distinguished road

Can't decide if I should get the 2,0 Ghz or the 2,4. Why pay the extra for 0,4 Ghz is it worth it?
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.1

If you don't you will be kicking yourself over the 20% you missed out on.
QUOTE Thanks
walkum13

walkum13 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.4 ghz/Iphone 4/Ipod 4th Gen/More Coming I'm sure, too bad for my wallet ;)

OMG is it that hard to use the Search button??????

Macbook 2.0 GHz 4GB vs 2.4 GHz

2.0 vs. 2.4 - Does it really matter?

QUOTE Thanks
Khris

Khris has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkum13 View Post
OMG is it that hard to use the Search button??????
OMG is it that hard to be nice?

I bought the new 2.4 MacBook and would recommend it to anyone looking to buy. You can't appreciate how nice a backlit keyboard is until you've got used to using one and then you use a laptop without.

You probably won't notice a huge increase in speed between the two, but think of it as future proofing your investment as well.
QUOTE Thanks
walkum13

walkum13 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.4 ghz/Iphone 4/Ipod 4th Gen/More Coming I'm sure, too bad for my wallet ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khris View Post
OMG is it that hard to be nice?
Ok...when I re-read my statement it sounds much worse than I meant. My bad ........... But we do need a Search smiley

QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Gotta love the internet. It makes misunderstandings even bigger than they really are. Since you can't really tell if someone is being sarcastic unless it's really obvious.

I do agree with using the search feature though. There are so many threads that ask the same questions over and over. People even ignore the stickies. T_T"""

Well for the 2.4GHz you get slightly better CPU power, and a backlit keyboard. I think it's worth the extra money. Although you probably should get what you can afford. ^-^"
QUOTE Thanks
Futch

Futch is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Aluminum 2.0 GHz, 160GB HD, 4GB RAM

I own the 2.0 and am extremely happy I didn't get the 2.4. The 2.0 is lightning fast and you will not notice a difference in speed unless you have the two of them next to each other and have a stopwatch. Even then you are talking 3-10 seconds depending on what you are doing.

Here is the link to benchmarks compairing both models:

Benchmarks

It comes down to this, do you want 90GB bigger hard drive and backlit keyboard for 300 extra dollars?

Yes or no?

If yes, get the 2.4.

I personally have a 500 GB external HD I use so space is of no importance to me. I would say that you should upgrade the RAM to 4 GB as I did especially if you plan on installing Windows via Boot Camp, VM Fusion, or Parallels.

This is my post in the other thread mentioned earlier if you haven't glanced at them:

"After reading all of the threads about 2.0 vs. 2.4 I can now post with confidence that the 2.0 GHz has more than enough processor speed to accomplish a myriad of tasks at one time. With 4GB of RAM I am utilizing 10-15% of CPU and 2.13 GB RAM at my maximum usage thus far (transfer of 35 GB of music onto Macbook Alum and then putting them in iTunes while running to test speed 10 other programs. I would recommend that if you are torn between the two get the 2.0 GHz with upgrade in RAM, it is plenty fast and has ample memory. You will not regret it."

Hope this helps.

MacBook Aluminum 2.0 GHz, 160GB HD, 4GB RAM
iPhone 3G 16GB Black
iPod Nano 2GB
QUOTE Thanks
bjorko

bjorko is on a distinguished road

Thanks' for all the good answer!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Fan Problem - Running too loud | Compatibility among different Macbook Pro models keyboards »