New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Connecting to tv

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

.jb

.jb is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 16GB Black iPhone 3G | 13" Black Macbook 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, 200GB HD @ 7200rpm

What exactly would be the best way to connect my macbook to a tv?

i would like to basically use the tv as the screen and sound (to watch movies, play games, or just surf the internet from my couch with my iphone..)

composite, componet, svideo, hdmi are all inputs i have on my current receiver for my projector so im open to any of those connections to my macbook

thanks for your help

QUOTE Thanks
walkum13

walkum13 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.4 ghz/Iphone 4/Ipod 4th Gen/More Coming I'm sure, too bad for my wallet ;)

Just get an adapter...if it's for your Black book, get a Mini-dvi to dvi adapter then a dvi to HDMI cable to your tv. For sound just use a 3.5mm wire to connect from your headphones port to the audio in on your tv (one of the ipod to carr audio cables ).

Apple Mini-DVI to DVI Adapter - Apple Store (U.S.)

try searching the Buy/Sell forum i'm sure someone has an extra

QUOTE Thanks
.jb

Mac Specs: 16GB Black iPhone 3G | 13" Black Macbook 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, 200GB HD @ 7200rpm

thanks alot ^^

i appreciate it

QUOTE Thanks
.jb

didnt work out so easily unfortunately

video is working just fine but im getting no audio when i connect the 1/8" to RL cable to the audio ports i get no audio..

im pretty sure its because HDMI supports audio and video, but since the mac is only outputting video through the mini dvi port and not audio youd have to go out the headphone jack.. but unless theres a way to connect them that ive done wrong im out of ideas

any one else have the solution?

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Need help adding cannon scanner | Major problems with sofware and disk »