New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

The chances are what?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

vuschejan

Allright,

This is going to sound really wierd, but, I was sitting at my ibook... I got up and started cleaning up some stuff around my room. Now, I came back and went to hit F11(Expose) To bring all my stuff back down to where I could see it. At this point, I felt almost a shock(That feeling you get when you rub your hair with a balloon and go touch someone.) Yeah well thats what I got very lightly. My iBook then completley went dark(Shut off I assume) Anyway, I held down power for the ten seconds and started it back up again. Everything is in check. However, Now that I look at the battery... I dont think its charging.... Here is a screen shot of the battery icon in the corner. If my memory serves me right that isnt the charging icon? Anyway, I just wanted to get an opinion from my Mac buddies on whether to take the ibook to apple or not....

Cheers!
Vus
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 1.jpg (165.1 KB, 53 views)
QUOTE Thanks
xthisisRomancex

nope that is no the charging icon the charging icon is a lightining bolt type icon that is shwoing that it is running of the AC power adapt
QUOTE Thanks
Desolate One

That actually happened to me once before. I ran a hardware test, some disk utilities (repaired permissions), and re-conditioned the battery. So far so good. Nothing out of the norm.
QUOTE Thanks
vuschejan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desolate One
That actually happened to me once before. I ran a hardware test, some disk utilities (repaired permissions), and re-conditioned the battery. So far so good. Nothing out of the norm.
Yeah my battery didnt charge at all last night. It appears that I'll have to take this to Apple. Maybe I'll get a new Ibook! Thats one bonus of problems and apple. They're usually really nice about helping you if you have a warranty and it dosnt have anything to do with the screen
QUOTE Thanks
Desolate One

Have you tried to remove the battery and put it back in? Wot about resetting the pram? It sounds like the system is assuming you're plugged in when you're not. It could just be a battery issue if it's not taking a charge. Is that screenshot when you had the AC plugged in? If so try out a mate's battery and see if that solves it.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Reset the PMU (see sticky at top of forum for info), that should fix it!
QUOTE Thanks
vuschejan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptmunich
Reset the PMU (see sticky at top of forum for info), that should fix it!
To answer Desolate's question:
That is a picture of the AC plugged in.
When I take the AC out it runs off battery

To answer Apt's reply:

It worked, the computer shut off when I did the keys, I restarted, and it started recharging the battery. Saves me a trip to the apple store. Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Desolate One

Glad to hear it worked out for ya! :mac:
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Cannot boot after Norton Emergency Repair | Fixing Flashing Display on (firewire) Ibook »