New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - External Monitor

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Leigh31

Leigh31 is on a distinguished road

I just bought a new monitor (HP LP2475w) for my Macbook. The screen has great quality when my computer isn't plugged in. When I do connect my computer, the screen shows the display, but it has some static and flashes occasionally. If I pull up the onscreen menu, though, the menu itself has great quality, and just the image from my computer around it shows the problem. I think the problem may be with the connection, not with the monitor. I'm using the MiniDisplayPort to DVI adapter, then a DVI-D to DVI-I adapter, and then a DVI-I cable to the monitor. I've also used the MiniDisplayPort to DVI adapter, then a DVI-D cable, then a DVI-D to DVI-I adapter. I've had the same problem both times. Any suggestions? It wouldn't be my graphics card, would it? I have the new aluminum Macbook.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Connecting AlumMB to 26LG30 | Screen protector »