New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

iBook - What would you guys suggest?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ezcompane

ezcompane will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.5, 6gb ram, 500gb hard drive. 2010 13" MacBook Air 1.86 C2D, 4gb ram, 128gb HD.

ok, so i'm tired of carrying the MBP in my bag. with all the books it never quite fits perfectly, even with the computer bag i have. also, i hate carrying the power adapter with me and searching for a plug after my first class. so, i wonder if a 12" ibook would be worth picking up. especially since i can get one fairly cheap and have an extra battery in my pocket. would you guys recommend a G3 or a G4?? i'm only going to run a web browser, Word, PowerPoint and the occasional itunes/ movie in between classes. is this something worth looking into??

LIVE and PSN: EZCOMPANE
2008 MacBook Pro (2.5ghz C2D,6gb,80 SSD, 500 GB), iPad 32GB, iPhone 4 16gb, 2011 MacBook Air (11" 1.87 i7, 4GB, 128GB) 2010 MacBook Air (13" 1.86 C2D, 4gb, 128gb), Boxee, Netgear Stora
QUOTE Thanks
miu

miu is on a distinguished road

G4, without discussion
Especially if it's an iBook
Look carefully to the OS that it's running, and the minimum requested for (at least) the 10.4 because the previous OS are not supported by most of the programs
BTW, I've a Powerbook 12 G4 still perfectly working and I have to say that it's a pleasure to bring it around
QUOTE Thanks
xj6jaguar1985

xj6jaguar1985 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2

G4. You're better off getting a Titanium Powerbook in my honest opinion. But if you really want an iBook, I'd suggest a G4.

I wouldn't bring a MBP to school anyways...I'd be too scared of getting it stolen!

Yes my name is Jaguar.
No, it is not a joke.
I don't find your "I'm a cheetah." joke funny.
QUOTE Thanks
pod

pod will become famous soon enough

I have a 1.33GHz 12" G4 iBook - the Mid '05 last generation model - great little machine and the one to go for in my opinion.

You won't spend big money and it won't be as 'precious' as the MBP so you won't worry as much about it getting stolen/damaged. I bought mine off ebay.
QUOTE Thanks
ADKhikerVW

ADKhikerVW is a jewel in the roughADKhikerVW is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4

Quote:
You're better off getting a Titanium Powerbook in my honest opinion
That would be even bigger than the MBP!

If you can, I would go for a 12" PowerBook. Smaller than any iBook, faster, and just a great little machine. It would be more expensive than an iBook but still very affordable.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« command + del not working w/ ext. keyboard | Mac Book unibody or Mac Book Pro (early 2008)? »