New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Some early issues

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ikeepsitreal

ikeepsitreal is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" macbook 2.0ghz 2gb ram 160gb hard drive

So I got the new macbook no more then a month ago and now what is happening is when I close it to put it to sleep, I open it back up and the screen is just black. I have to hold the power button to restart it. I wouldn't think anything of it but it keeps on happening.
So I went to an Apple store today to find out what is going on and turns out I had to make an appointment for saturday....This has happened to me before with my iPod but for some reason today it just ticked me off.

[It takes three days to be seen just so they can tell me nothings wrong with it.
I think it is ridiculous how the apple service department works: They need to rework it to make it more convenient for people. I am genuinely irritated at this because I spent a lot of money on this thing and the "genius bar" is there to service people, so far they have done nothing for me
/rant]

Has anybody else experienced this problem when closing then opening this macbook?
And if so what can they do for it?
QUOTE Thanks
Khris

Khris has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD

I use InsomniaX to prevent mine from sleeping and then always leave the screen open enough for proper ventilation.
QUOTE Thanks
Jerry Rigger

Jerry Rigger is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Unibody Macbook Pro

I have had mine just about a month now so I am not an expert, but when it does that I just hit the escape key and it wakes up.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Where would you rather buy your Macbook Pro? | Battery won't work and random shut down »