New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Do The New MacBooks (Aluminum Unibody) Have Motion Sensors Like The Previous Models?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

raingalls

raingalls is on a distinguished road

Do the new MacBooks have the Motion Dectection Sensors the previous generation of MacBooks had and if so, will programs like iAlertU and Virtue (w/ Parallels) work on the new MacBook?

For those who don't know iAlertU is a program that acts like a car alarm and uses the motion sensors to detect someone trying to physically steal your MacBook.

And I believe Virtue is what some Parallels users are using to allow them to switch between OS's by simply tapping the side of the screen (like the SmackBook).

In either case, they exploit the motion detection sensors used to protect the hard drive to accomplish their respective tasks and I am interested in purchasing and using both of these products when I am able to obtain a new MacBook, but I want to make sure they will work with the new MacBook first.

Does anyone know if the new MacBook still retains this feature or even better has someone with a new MacBook installed and tested these products? Or if someone has a new MacBook and has not tested one of these products, could you please download an eval copy of iAlertU, test it out, and report back? Thanks.

I originally learned of both these products on blackmacbook.com when contemplating purchasing a Black MacBook. Here are the links:

iAlertU: MacBook iAlertU alarm Video BlackMacBook.com Videos

Parallels & Virtue Fast OS Switching: Smooth multitasking between Mac OS, Linux, and Windows XP BlackMacBook.com Videos

Thank You For Your Time & Help,
R. Alan Ingalls
QUOTE Thanks
gixxersean

gixxersean will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: ::24" 2.8ghz iMac w/ nVidia 8800GS::2.4Ghz Unibody Macbook::

yes and yes
QUOTE Thanks
raingalls

raingalls is on a distinguished road

Thanks gixxersean.

I was actually in Memphis this weekend and I'm currently typing this from a new MacBook in the Saddle Creek Apple Store. I downloaded iAlertU to test it and it does indeed work. So the motion sensors are there and do still work the way they did in the previous white and black models.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Baterie | New MacBook randomly turns on and off when closed »