New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Processor and HD speeds on New Macbook Pro - 2 questions

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

snoopnick

snoopnick is on a distinguished road

So I've done all the searches, read a TON of helpful information, but I just wanted to confirm my results for my specific situation (sorry for being selfish but this might actually help someone in the same boat).

I'm going to buy a new macbook and am deciding on whether I need the 2.4 or 2.53 processor speed. I am going to be using the computer primarily for photoediting tasks and perhaps video-editing. I plan to max out the RAM at 4GB so in everyone's expert opinion, do I need the faster processor speed? Is it worth the extra $500?

I've been a bit out of touch with the type of OS systems out now but I read a new one will be coming out soon. Will the 2.4 be able to handle it?

Also, between the 7200 and 5400 RPM HD, does it just affect the bootup time and file transfer time or is there something else that the HD RPM serves?

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
True Bassist

True Bassist is a jewel in the roughTrue Bassist is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

2.4 will handle Snow Leopard fine but i strongly suggest you max the RAM to 4GB if you're looking at photo / video application.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How can I clone hard drive from MacBook and restoring on another | I've connected my MacBook to my HDTV I see the Background but no dock, icons, NOTHING »