New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Speaker Imbalance towards the right

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

greywire

greywire is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15" unibody 4gb ram 500gb hd, matte screen.

Resetting seems to have helped, however now that its been pointed out to me, I am noticing more bass response to the right side. Slightly annoying now that I notice it. Still, the sound is pretty good for a laptop...
QUOTE Thanks
ZorroAMG

ZorroAMG is a jewel in the roughZorroAMG is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: | '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |

Just an FYI for some of you with imbalanced speakers on your older MacBook Pro, when using iChat, the sound ONLY comes out of the right and it's normal.

QUOTE Thanks
DarkFly3r

DarkFly3r is on a distinguished road

My macbook white late 2009 model has this problem as well. Hasn't Apple fix it yet?

Could the Macbook White owners care to verify this issue? Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
DarkFly3r

Anyone?
QUOTE Thanks
DarkFly3r

None of the Macbook white users having this issue?
QUOTE Thanks
buzzer

buzzer is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Late 2007 white Macbook 2.2 Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB Ram

Yes my white macbook has the problem with the speakers a late 2007 model
QUOTE Thanks
DarkFly3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzer View Post
Yes my white macbook has the problem with the speakers a late 2007 model
Apple has recently released a patch that fixes the sound imbalance for MBP. What about Macbook White?
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFly3r View Post
Apple has recently released a patch that fixes the sound imbalance for MBP. What about Macbook White?
And this patch would be found where?
This is all I could find http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3336
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

My White MB is doing ok here ..... Looking forward to to my new MBP arriving in 2 weeks
WOOHOO

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Which one did you end up going for Tattster?
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

PM to you but getting the 13" low end MBP ...... Cant really justify the extra $700 for the 15's as much as would like one. I dont do music like you and not much video either so 13" will suit me too a tee
Oh and the iPhone 4 when they arrive and by then should have fixed the low Bar count people keep going on about

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
DarkFly3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
My White MB is doing ok here ..... Looking forward to to my new MBP arriving in 2 weeks
WOOHOO
If you adjust your speaker balance to the left, can you hear anything from the right speaker?

Which Macbook White are you using?
QUOTE Thanks
NWattad

NWattad is on a distinguished road

Rocc, where do you find the Audio/Midi Setup?

My speaker imbalance is skewed to the LEFT (I know, weird) -- at first it only played from the left speaker, then I used the balance slider in Sound preferences and the right started playing, but in a compressed, mono tone. So even though both speakers are now working, the sound still leans left. I can't even listen to my music it's so irritating!

Would like to try switching outputs as you did to see if this is indeed a software issue...might be worth re-installing the driver either way though, ya?

Thanks,
N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocc (Jamaica) View Post
Hey folks:

I too have noticed the Right Side Imbalance of the sound, when you put the balance all the way to right it completlely blocks out the left channel/speaker which it should. But when you put the balance all the way to the left, you can still hear sound coming out of the right channel/speaker.

I went into the Audio/Midi Setup section, and decided to experiment. I reversed the Audio Channels, making left/right and right/left. Curiously, the sound changed where the majority of the sound was now coming from the Left Speaker.

I wonder if is could be a driver problem? Because using the software I was able to reverse it.

Has anyone else tried this?

Rocc
QUOTE Thanks
Celticdriver

Celticdriver is on a distinguished road

I noticed this imperfection too - sound biased towards the RH speaker. Initially disappointed, I found this thread, and now am re-assured that it is not a fault with my own MacBook, although Apple should have done better. Am generally very pleased with the MacBook, if this is the only fault, I guess I will live with it.

Sound balance works perfectly through headphones or external speakers. My 2 cents.
QUOTE Thanks
jonothon77

jonothon77 is on a distinguished road

same thing here. somehow i just noticed it after almost a year with this MBP. unfortunate design. or implementation of audio.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Superdrive blocked? | Would you? »