New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Mini Cds

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

oldnews

oldnews is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.0ghz, Ibook G4 1.33ghz, Powerbook Lombard 333mhz

Can Ibooks take in mini disks from a Sony Mavica CD 400?
QUOTE Thanks
oldnews

I pushed the Sony Mavica disk in and it didnt suck the disk in but now I can barely see the disk and I cant reach it out how do I get it out? Or should I just push it in the rest of the way?
QUOTE Thanks
titan0111

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnews
I pushed the Sony Mavica disk in and it didnt suck the disk in but now I can barely see the disk and I cant reach it out how do I get it out? Or should I just push it in the rest of the way?
I think mini CD-R/RWs only work with tray loading DVD/CD-RW drives not slot loading drives.

Just try your best to get it out.
QUOTE Thanks
oldnews

okay well I got it out with a tiny pair of twizzers, so they only work with tray loading?
QUOTE Thanks
titan0111

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnews
okay well I got it out with a tiny pair of twizzers, so they only work with tray loading?
to my knowledge...yes...
QUOTE Thanks
bassplayrr

bassplayrr will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video

I have a buddy that uses the mini CDs with his slot loading G4 cube all the time, but I think thats only because it loads from the top. Other than that I think you need a tray loader.

-Chris
QUOTE Thanks
xthisisRomancex

i used them on my CD player in my car and it is basily slot loading. but the ? is can you get it in far enough untill it can reconize your putting in a CD. ...and suck it in
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

It would be better not to use them. I have read somewhere that it is not a good ideas to place mini CD in Apple drives.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

you don't need a tray loader you can use it in a power book you need to buy somethig for it first, it is like a full size cd and you put the mini dic in a hole that is in the middle of it. That way the computer thinks it is a full size disc that is only half way filled. This works well, you can buy it at most computer stores, for like 20$

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
Phiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerBookG4
you don't need a tray loader you can use it in a power book you need to buy somethig for it first, it is like a full size cd and you put the mini dic in a hole that is in the middle of it. That way the computer thinks it is a full size disc that is only half way filled. This works well, you can buy it at most computer stores, for like 20$
Interesting. Never seen one of those.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

That's what I would use as well as you might damage the drive pulling mini cd's out with tweezers...
QUOTE Thanks
oldnews

the cd was sticking enough out of the drive that I was able to just touch the top of the cd with the tip of the tweezer and sort of drag the cd out. I didnt stick the tweezers into the slot.
QUOTE Thanks
proudlywelsh83

It has been known when using Mini Cd's or the business card type CD's to shatter once in the drive. Its not recommended that you use these types of media in slot drives. It can be a messy process trying to get all of the bits of of a drive after this has happened, it may even cause damage beyond repair.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Coming back to the Mac - iBook or Mini... | There's Loose Change in My Powerbook! Help! »