New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Air - Just saw the Xbench on the new MBA...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

eliehass

eliehass has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM

Yeah... the solid state model beats my late 2007 MBP 2.2 Ghz with a 7200 RPM HDD and 4 Gigs of RAM. In graphics my computer edges it out by a bit, and in computation either I'm slightly ahead, or in some cases like the computation test the MBA blows me out of the water. As far as the disks test goes my MBP has better write speeds, but the MBA destroys me in read speed. I thought that the MBA was cool, but too underpowered for my needs. With the new graphics chipset and upgraded bus speeds, plus a bigger solid state drive, I find myself seriously rethinking that. Maybe my next laptop will be an air.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Please Assist. | dvi -> vga -> rca »